Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MU100R util menu

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I just purchased an MU100R primarily for it's VL synths. According to the manual to access the VL tones they have to first be assigned to a "part".

The instructions are to first press the "util" button and then select the "plugin" option. However when I enter the util menu there is no "plugin" option; only "system", "dumpout", "initial", and "demo"

Any suggestions on what the correct procedure is? Ultimately I want to do this over MIDI but at the moment I I'm just familiarizing myself with the instrument.

Thanks

Posted : 14/05/2016 8:07 pm
Bad Mister

The instructions are to first press the "util" button and then select the "plugin" option. However when I enter the util menu there is no "plugin" option; only "system", "dumpout", "initial", and "demo"

Hi Steven,

What you will want to do is UNPLUG the MU100R from the wall (very important).

Open the MU100R and verify that the PLG100-VL and PLG100-VH boards are still inside the unit. The screws are all on the black body of the unit - you do not have to do anything to the front panel... It should be fairly obvious which screws show be removed to have the black case slide back...

If "Plug-in" does not appear as an option, the original owner may have removed the boards - the boards are connected by multi-pin connections (and are removable) I'm afraid they might have been removed or simply the multi-pin connection is not connected. Either way - opening the unit will tell you what you need to know.

Hope it is just disconnected. Let us know.

Attached files

Posted : 15/05/2016 1:06 pm

Thanks, that looks like the case. There are no plug in boards.

Posted : 15/05/2016 9:16 pm
Bad Mister

I was afraid of that... Did the seller represent they were included? They came with the original product (just FYI).

Posted : 15/05/2016 11:21 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us