Synth Forum

Motif XS8 - mechani...

Notifications
Clear all

Motif XS8 - mechanical support requirements?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 B
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello!

What does a Motif XS8 require in terms of physical support?

For example, mine has little rubber feet underneath. Are the positions of these feet carefully placed at load-bearing points of some internal frame, so that you should always only support the unit at these points?

Particularly, there's a rubber foot at the middle of the length, supporting the keyboard under middle C - is this because the keyboard needs support there and you shouldn't place it on an X-stand with support only at either end?

Does the Motif need the little gap underneath that these feet create? Or would it be ok to take the feet right off and let the unit sit flat on a table top?

Thank you.

Posted : 30/09/2015 10:12 pm
Bad Mister

The rubber feet are to protect any flat surface that you may place the keyboard. They are not necessary when placing the keyboard on a stand. I'm sure it is logical to support the keyboard in at least two places when placing it on a stand... There are no official instructions on this matter simply make sure the stand you use is rated to hold the weight.

Posted : 01/10/2015 2:16 am
 B
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Bad Mister wrote:

.. I'm sure it is logical to support the keyboard in at least two places when placing it on a stand...

😉 Ha ha, yes, very logical.

What I meant was, is the rubber foot at the center, under middle c, there because the unit requires support there in the middle in addition to the two ends, or is the frame in fact strong enough that the unit can safely be placed on just two supports, one at each end, with no support in the middle.

If there are no known instructions on this point, I'm guessing it's the latter.

Thank you.

Posted : 01/10/2015 4:50 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us