Motif XS8, Yamaha S...

Notifications
Clear all

Motif XS8, Yamaha Steinberg FW, Windows 10 64bit, Nuendo 11 seems to work

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I us a motif xs8 with Yamaha Steinberg fw driver. Everything works fine but I get random freezes in nuendo 11.
When I installed the most recent fw driver I have the following listed in device manager under sound: Yamaha mlan 16e2, Yamaha Steinberg FW bus, Yamaha Steinberg WDM Audio, Yamaha Steinberg wdm midi. I also have a Lynx aes 16 with aurora 16.

Like I say everything works. So here's the question. do I need all these devices like mlan 16e2and WDM audio or should I disable them? Can I use my lynx as the audio device in nuendo and the yamaha steinberg fw for midi only? Could any of this cause my freezes? I then would switch to the fw audio driver in Nuendo when I want to render my motif tracks to audio.

Posted : 02/02/2021 12:37 pm
Bad Mister

Like I say everything works. So here's the question. do I need all these devices like mlan 16e2and WDM audio or should I disable them? Can I use my lynx as the audio device in nuendo and the yamaha steinberg fw for midi only? Could any of this cause my freezes? I then would switch to the fw audio driver in Nuendo when I want to render my motif tracks to audio.

This sounds like a viable workflow. You do not have to disable anything, if you are not actively routing anything to the mLAN16e2 and your not using a WDM audio application, they should not be causing any freezing issues within Nuendo 11.

The Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver can be used for just MIDI. The MIDI portion of the Driver runs independently of the audio portion. (Rather than have users do two separate installations, the Driver has (thankfully) one install, takes care of both. You select, with Nuendo, how each component of the driver is put to use

In your Nuendo setups STUDIO > STUDIO SETUP... you’ll find your MIDI port setup, and separately you select the VST Audio System (ASIO Driver).
With Nuendo you can “hot swap” audio interfaces, mid-Project, to accommodate what your doing at the time. Very via workflow!

I would check in with Steinberg Support on the freeze issue... they will be very on top of any issues with Nuendo 11.

Posted : 02/02/2021 4:09 pm

Wow, quick response. Your a legend. Big fan. Yeah, finally got a fire wire card 2 months ago and hooked this up. Didn't know if it would work and it does. Love it and I can render audio on the Motif without having to record all the tracks to audio I can export them many at a time.

The freezes are hard to pin down since the don't leave much of a windows trail. So I thought if I could track you down and see if maybe having all those drivers in device manager enabled might be contributing to a crash, but after disabling some of them it still would freeze. This seems to be computer problem.

I more thing, the ieee 1394 host controller driver, should it be legacy?

Posted : 02/02/2021 5:37 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us