Notifications
Clear all

Moving/importing Motif ES data to Motif ES rack

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Michele
Topic starter

Assuming that the two instruments have the same structure, except the Song mode that is lacking in the latter and is called Multi, how can Motif ES songs (used just to have a multimbral setup on the keyboard made of splits and layers) can be imported into Motif ES rack?

Do I need MultiPart Editor from Yamaha or a third party software (i.e. ES Tools)?

Thanks

Posted : 27/05/2018 11:02 am
Bad Mister

The Motif-Rack ES does not have a Sequencer so it is impossible to move Motif Es Songs to the Rack... to be clear.
Nor does it have a USB “TO DEVICE” port for storage.
If I follow what you are asking you want to open the ES MIXING in the Motif-Rack ES as a MULTI

Yes, that is possble using the Motif-Rack ES EDITORs (MULTI PART and VOICE)

It was 14 years ago, but I believe you can do it directly via MIDI... if you have a MIXING setup in the keyboard, you can bulk dump it directly to the Rack ES... using a MIDI cable.

Posted : 28/05/2018 6:25 pm
Michele
Topic starter

Thanks Bad Mister,

I think that Motif ES rack editor is the easiest way to accomplish the mission!

The Motif-Rack ES does not have a Sequencer so it is impossible to move Motif Es Songs to the Rack... to be clear.
Nor does it have a USB “TO DEVICE” port for storage.
If I follow what you are asking you want to open the ES MIXING in the Motif-Rack ES as a MULTI

Yes, that is possble using the Motif-Rack ES EDITORs (MULTI PART and VOICE)

It was 14 years ago, but I believe you can do it directly via MIDI... if you have a MIXING setup in the keyboard, you can bulk dump it directly to the Rack ES... using a MIDI cable.

Posted : 31/05/2018 8:37 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us