Clear all

On Motif ES - Effects, EQ & Filters available to Mix -Audio In - Vocals

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
thomas
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I am learning to mix vocals into Pattern & Song mixes on my ES. You previously helped me find a compressor to insert which I learning to help level my dynamics. What about filters to weed out unwanted frequencies? I know I have filters available when editing Voices but I couldn't find them for use with Audio In when I sing live. I am trying to roll off low frequencies when I sing, say below 150 Hz. I read that using a low pass filter is a good way to do this. I know I can insert 2 or 3 band EQ to pull down specific frequencies but that's not everything. Do i have any Filters available on my ES or is there a workaround to accomplish this?.

Posted : 19/10/2019 10:58 pm
Bad Mister

By definition, an Equalizer combines filters and amplifiers. You can roll off low end with an EQ (which is the traditional way to do it). It is highly recommend you use an EQ.

150Hz, by the way, is in between D2 and Eb2 — just so you know where you are rolling off the low end. (Yamaha uses the convention C3 = middle “C”). Most microphone bass roll-off is done at 80Hz which is just below the lowest note of guitar (E1).

Posted : 19/10/2019 11:14 pm
thomas
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Let me see if I know what tools I have to work with on my ES to edit my Audio In vocals. Please check me here. I have system effects REV & CHO which I could send some or all of vocals to share with all other voices, I have two INSERT Effects I could add just to Audio In and I have Master EQ & Master EFF, again a shared effects at the end of the signal chain. I couldn't find any PART EQ for Audio In. Is there any? If my goal is to learn how to warm up my vocals cutting both high and Low frequency AND compress the dynamics a bit, what effects / inserts on the ES would you recommend I work with? FYI - I am using a Samson Q7 Supercardioid Dynamic mic,

Posted : 19/10/2019 11:35 pm
Bad Mister

I recommend the Compressor and the 3-Band EQ

Posted : 29/10/2019 4:17 pm
thomas
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Will do.... thanks

Posted : 08/11/2019 2:00 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us