Notifications
Clear all

Pitch Bend Wheel (MOTIF ES 6) for BadMister

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 SAM
Topic starter

Dear Mr. BadMister, miss u & how !! Please help !! got the MOTIF ES checked for hardware, etc. ALL turned OK.
So I recorded the SITAR & used the Pitch Bend wheel (the first one) & also used the MOD Wheel (the second one). when i go to edit to view midi messages it shows MOD for wherever i used the PB & footswitch for wherever i used the MOD wheel ? Please , please advise & help. Thank u.

Posted : 13/01/2015 12:14 am
Bad Mister

SAM wrote:

Dear Mr. BadMister, miss u & how !! Please help !! got the MOTIF ES checked for hardware, etc. ALL turned OK.
So I recorded the SITAR & used the Pitch Bend wheel (the first one) & also used the MOD Wheel (the second one). when i go to edit to view midi messages it shows MOD for wherever i used the PB & footswitch for wherever i used the MOD wheel ? Please , please advise & help. Thank u.

Missed me? Where have I been? 🙂

The PB Wheel will create its own category of message in your Event list, as will the MW which will create "cc001" messages. What each of these controls is programmable on a per VOICE basis.

PB always sends a Pitch Bend Message, whether or not it bends the pitch of a VOICE or PART will depend on the programming of the PB RANGE parameter within the VOICE, PERFORMANCE or MIXING setup. PB range can be set to +0/-0 and then the PB wheel can be effectively used for any other purpose - setup within the VOICE's Control Set.

MW always sends Control Change (cc) 001 Modulation Wheel, whether or not it does anything to a VOICE will depend on the programming within the VOICE's CONTROL SET
Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON]
Press [F4] CONTROL SET
Use [SF1], [SF2] and [SF3] to view the six Control Sets
One of them usually will be the assignment of the MW - if programmed to Pitch Modulation Depth - this will apply vibrato (about 85-90% of the time), but often in Voices where vibrato does not apply, the MW can be used to control INSERTION EFFECT parameters, or as a mix/balance control between different Elements of a Voice.

PB and MW are examples of controllers that always send the same message no matter what.

Not sure what you mean by it shows "footswitch for wherever i used the MOD wheel"... what is your footswitch assigned to? Footswitch is not the name of MIDI command... so I don't think it says "Footswitch"... maybe Foot Control? Because Foot Control IS the name of a MIDI command.

What do you see in the Event list (exactly)?

The Foot Switch can send a CONTROL CHANGE number, you can set that to anything you desire:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F4] CTL ASN (Controller Assign)
Press [SF3] FT SW
Set the Foot Switch to send a Control Change number.

Posted : 13/01/2015 1:47 am
 SAM
Topic starter

OK here's the scoop: (1) Did a Factory reset (2) Recorded GM (factory) SITAR (3) recorded into PATTERN MODE using BOTH the wheels (4) Checked event ic (a) CTRL 001/ModWheel where i used the PB wheel/1st one (b) CTRL 004/Foot Ctrl where i used the MOD Wheel/2nd one.
Is that normal ?
ALSO, comparing it to the KORG when i use the joystick for PB to the left it goes a whole tone down & vice versa to the right making it very obvious.

On the MOTIF ES when I use PB set to +2/-2 & even when i increase those settings to hear if it is obvious, there is just a vibrato sliding it upwards, nothing happens sliding downwards ? on the PB/1st wheel. the MOD/2nd one I can't hear anything different at all ?

Man, please bear with me & try to explain to me like at a BASIC level.
Certainly appreciate,
Thanq.

Posted : 14/01/2015 8:39 pm
Bad Mister

OK here's the scoop: (1) Did a Factory reset (2) Recorded GM (factory) SITAR (3) recorded into PATTERN MODE using BOTH the wheels (4) Checked event ic (a) CTRL 001/ModWheel where i used the PB wheel/1st one (b) CTRL 004/Foot Ctrl where i used the MOD Wheel/2nd one.
Is that normal ?

No.

On the MOTIF ES when I use PB set to +2/-2 & even when i increase those settings to hear if it is obvious, there is just a vibrato sliding it upwards, nothing happens sliding downwards ? on the PB/1st wheel. the MOD/2nd one I can't hear anything different at all ?

?

I recommend you take your ES to an authorized service center. If you need assistance in find one, please let us know. Where are you located?

Posted : 14/01/2015 11:22 pm
 SAM
Topic starter

Thanq.
So it's a HARDWARE issue ?
Reside in ORLANDO, FL.

Posted : 15/01/2015 6:54 pm
Bad Mister

http://4wrd.it/PACSUPPORT

eMail, or Call - they will be able to direct you.

Posted : 15/01/2015 10:31 pm
 SAM
Topic starter

Appreciate it.
Thanq, Mr.Badmister.

Posted : 16/01/2015 4:00 pm
 SAM
Topic starter

Ooooops !! NOW !! I remember very well Yeeesss !! my PB wheel/MOD wheel did work bcoz i had one of my tracks recorded where I used the PB. My FIRMWARE was 1.05.

The ONLY thing I can think of now is that the PB stopped working after upgrading the FIRMWARE to 1.08. ??

b4 that all was fine.

Pls adv.
Thanq.

Posted : 16/01/2015 8:53 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, but the FIRMWARE update does not affect the PB or MW whatsoever.

http://4wrd.it/PACSUPPORT

Posted : 17/01/2015 2:35 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us