Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

ARP PLAY ONLY

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello, I have a problem when I load my set of my MOXF in the MODX I can not play because no sound comes, I somehow found out that ARP PLAY ONLY is to blame and that in every sound is on.
how can I transfer my set of MOXF without ARP PLAY ONLY function in the MODX

Posted : 18/10/2018 10:04 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Just checking - are you sure your original content didn't have ARP Play Only turned on?

You say sounds - but the conversion process has something more specific in its nomenclature (performance or voice).

Posted : 18/10/2018 11:06 pm
Topic starter

Hello Jason thanks for answer, my english is bad so i have to translate via google translator.
I have tried everything possible, if I load my set of MOXF in the MODX which I saved on USB stick X6A Voice file he shows at the end in the display "Illegal File". So I bought software from jMelas and software dan in Motif XF X3A file on usb stick memory, MODX loads X3A set but I can not play. Then I press SHIFT and ARP ON / OFF button and I can play. And that is for all my set for each voice which is in my set

Posted : 19/10/2018 1:53 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Lots of issues here. I wonder if the file is illegal for a MOXF not (if something's wrong with the save file).

Posted : 19/10/2018 2:58 am
Topic starter

I do not know what I'm doing wrong.
maybe I do not save properly in MOXF .... it was good who you could write me cried for step as I spoke from MOXF and in MODX load my voice, performance and master mode.
Thank you

Posted : 19/10/2018 12:47 pm
Bad Mister

The MODX can read your MOXF .X6A (All Data File) when it does it is compatible with Voices, Performances, Arpeggios and Waveforms.

It will not import Songs, Patterns, Song Mixing or Pattern Mixing, nor will it Import any Master Programs. Only Voices, Arpeggios and Waveforms or only Performances, Arpeggios and Waveforms.

Press [UTILITY]
Touch “Contents” > “Load”
Set the “Content Type = User File”
A box that represents your USB drive will appear... Touch it to open it and view the contents
Along the bottom under “Import Options” Select either “Voice” or “Perf”
Touch the .X6A File to execute.

If you opt “Voice”, the MODX will convert 384 Normal and 32 Drum Kits to your MODX User Bank as MODX Single Part Performances.
If you opt “Perf”, the MODX will convert 256 Performances to your MODX as MODX Multi Part Performances.

In either case, all User Arpeggios, if any, or User Waveforms, if any, are automatically imported.

The “ARP PLAY ONLY” parameter is designed to prevent the Keyboard from triggering a Part that has been assigned to play from an Arpeggiator when you STOP the Arps. This was necessary because YOU are NOT actually playing the Arpeggio’d Parts... the Arps are playing those parts. Take the Drum Kit, for example, is not taking note commands from you directly. It typically is playing back a Fixed Note pattern that starts when press the first key.

If you then turn the Arp On/Off to Off, well... the drums now occupy the same keys you are using to trigger the normal direct play Parts... so you now hear a drum instrument sound under every key C0~C6. It’s like you are now actually playing the drums. You can’t play the drums! Lol, not like this!

“Arp Play Only” when On ensures, that these Arp assigned sounds never play, when the Arp is stopped.
They literally will only play when triggered by an Arp phrase.

If you would rather play the sounds yourself, turn Arp Play Only = Off.
Again, this only affects things when the Arp On/Off is Off.

Each Part under Arp Control might have this On - certainly the Drums (nobody likes random drums under each key)

Press [EDIT]
Select the Part 1-16, you do so in the screen... or by pressing [PART SELECT _ MUTE/SOLO] and select the Part.
Touch “Part Settings” > “General” > turn “Arp Play Only” = Off
Press [STORE]

Hope that helps.

Posted : 19/10/2018 1:32 pm
Topic starter

ok thanks, i will try

Posted : 19/10/2018 2:23 pm
Topic starter

Just checking - are you sure your original content didn't have ARP Play Only turned on?

You say sounds - but the conversion process has something more specific in its nomenclature (performance or voice).

I've checked in my MOXF, ARP Play Only is not enabled

Posted : 22/10/2018 1:15 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us