Notifications
Clear all

USB stick

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I have just received my MODX and will be purchasing the Organimation library. what size and make of USB stick is best for the keyboard. could someone walk me through on formatting the usb from the keyboard. went through the manual to find how to format the usb, and it said to look on page 61. I was on page 61. no info. I hope the rest of the manual is easy to understand. thanx..Larry

Posted : 19/10/2018 11:23 am
Bad Mister

Just FYI... USB Flash drives come formatted for use. The key is not to get any that are two large, or have unnecessary Copy Protection built in. (Copy Protection = Music prevention). 8, 16, or 32MB is plenty. It is better to have multiple small ones than a single massive drive.
Drives do fail... if you back them up, additionally, to your computer, you should be good.

The make of the drive is difficult because we don’t know where you are... and what is available in one part of the world may not exist anywhere else.... there is a compatibility list (I’ll try to find the link). But most work that avoid copy protection.

And ‘no chance’ on the rest of the Manual being easy to understand, that’s why we’re here! Lol...
Welcome to a YamahaSynth. Here you’ll find tutorials, articles, Downloads, guides, and answers! Come back often.

Page 54 of the Owner’s Manual...

Using USB flash drives
By connecting the instrument to a USB flash drive, you can save data you’ve created to the connected device, as well as read data from the connected device.

Maximum number of USB flash drives allowed
Up to only one USB flash drive can be connected to the [USB TO DEVICE] terminal.

Formatting USB flash drive
You should format the USB flash drive only with this instrument. A USB flash drive formatted on another device may not operate properly.

NOTICE:
The format operation overwrites any previously existing data. Make sure that the USB flash drive you are formatting does not contain important data.
NOTE:
For details about the format, see the Reference Manual PDF document.

Page 175 and again on page 178 of the Reference Manual... [UTILITY] > “Contents” > “Load” and again under “Store/Save”

Job (Job Switch)
Determines whether the Job function is active (On) or not (Off.) When this parameter is turned on, touching the File/Folder/Content in “File Select” calls up the menu to select “Rename” or “Delete.”
Touching the currently connected USB device calls up the menu to select “Format.”
Also you can create a new folder when storing a file.
Settings: Off, On

Step-by-step:
Insert USB flash drive directly to the “To Device” port on the instrument back panel
The instrument will scan and recognize it (drop down menu)
Press [UTILITY]
Touch “Contents” in the first column
Touch “Load” in the second column
At the top using the Data Dial set “Content Type = User File”
A box appears that represents your USB drive
Touch “Job” in the upper right corner (green)
You’ll see a small icon appear in the upper right corner of the box that represents your USB stick (this means a pop in menu will appear from the left of the screen if you tap that box).
Tap that box
The option is “Format”
Tap Format.

Posted : 19/10/2018 12:31 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us