Notifications
Clear all

Arp rate change on one of two parts of a performance

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I have created a performance with two parts. One is a violin and the other an orchestra marimba. I have then configured them as scene 1 and scene 2. To this point all is well. I need to slow the speed of the "mallet roll" on part 2, the marimba. I go to arpeggio / common / and edit the "unit" from 100 to 150. this gives me the result that I need. However, when I switchback to scene 1 (violin), the arp rate on scene 2 goes back to 100.I have tried several things with no success. How do I make this seemingly simple change?

thanks, Glenn

Posted : 20/02/2020 2:33 pm
Bad Mister

From the HOME screen
Touch “Scene” in the first column

The SCENE MEMORY screen is where you can review what each of the 8 Scenes are set to do. Changes made on this screen will automatically be memorized.

Along the top of the screen are the 8 Scenes — You can select here or with the red Scene buttons
Notice the MEMORY switches. There are 8 types of Memory switches for the 10 parameter fields
When a Memory Switch is set ON items in that category can be memorized.
Each Scene is autonomous... changes are made when a Scene is recalled. If no new command is detected, the last command persists.

You want to review Scene 1 and then Scene 2
Make sure the Memory Switch for “Arp/MS FX1_Arp/MS FX2” = ON
Make sure that “Unit” = 150% for the Orchestral Mallet PART in both Scenes.
Changes made on the “Scene” screen are immediately applied

Press [STORE] to update your Performance

Posted : 20/02/2020 4:02 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

... or assuming you want Scene 1 to start with 100% unit multiplier, then press Scene 1 button, then press SHIFT+Scene 3 button (or your first free, unassigned Scene button. I'm assuming Scene 3 here) - this will "copy" Scene 1 to Scene 3. Always make sure the scene memory switches are turned on to save what you need. Scene 1 and Scene 3 should match. However, after this is completed turn OFF the scene memory switch for "Arp/MS FX1_Arp/MS FX2" so that the unit multiplier is not changed when you press the Scene 3 button.

This will allow for Scene 3 to act like the Scene 1 button and return settings like the actual ARP itself or mutes or any other settings to return to the "Scene 1" settings EXCEPT ARP "FX" items like the unit multiplier will not be touched by Scene 3 - leaving it alone as set by any previous change.

Posted : 20/02/2020 5:09 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys. It works great!

Posted : 20/02/2020 5:42 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us