Notifications
Clear all

Blue presets has no volume

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I work with Multi/GM template. I found good sound Solo Cello AF1 and (drop it in the slot) to Part 1
Some time later I try turn down the volume but no result. 😮
Multi-preset has no self volume?

So far i have tried to avoid these presets 😀

The bass is all quiet, the volume jumps to the preset level all the time.

Posted : 22/08/2021 6:50 pm
Bad Mister

The Performance “Solo Cello AF1” is a two-Part (blue) program. In order to understand why you do not have volume control with the Slider when you drop it into the “Multi/GM” template, let’s recall the original Multi Part Performance and take a closer look

On the HOME screen, you can see that when you play the Keys, initially, only Part 1 has activity in the screen Part meter.
As you play, use your FC7 (plugged into Foot Controller 2) to move the Super Knob clockwise, as you do, you are turning down Part 1, and simultaneously turning up Part 2; the Foot Controller allows you to do this hands-free.

The Super Knob is morphing one Part to the other. This means in this Multi Part program, the role of Volume control is no longer on the Sliders, it has been reprogrammed to the Super Knob system. If the Sliders are considered the band’s ‘mixing console’, the Super Knob/Assign Knob system allows the individual musician to control the volume, at the instrument, instead of on the mixer. This means the sound has been programmed so that performing Volume is built-into the DNA of this Multi-Part Performance.

Any time you run into a program where the Slider does not effect the volume, or a Reverb Send seems to make no difference, this is likely because the control has been moved from the mixing console (Common), and has instead been placed into the hands of the individual musician (Part settings) playing that instrument sound.

When performing “Solo Cello AF1” the morphing between the two Parts adds a real-time ability to sharpen the sound, allowing the feel of a cello playing a featured solo.

When you drop a Multi-Part (2) Performance into the Multi/GM template, only one Part gets dropped in… and you inherited the Part 1 assignment that removes control over the Volume from the Slider and placed in on an Assign Knob.

If you want to use just Part 1 with Volume control on the Slider, you’ll need to reprogram the Part’s Control Set.

I work with Multi/GM template. I found good sound Solo Cello AF1 and (drop it in the slot) to Part 1

Select Part 1
Press [EDIT] > “Mod/Control” > “Control Assign” > you want to review the DESTINATION boxes looking for “Volume”.
Tap the “Auto Sync” box to activate (green). Now you can turn the [ASSIGN] Knobs, one-by-one, to recall and review what is assigned to each Assign Knob (make sure [ASSIGN] is lit).

You’ll discover AsgnKnob6 is assigned to control the Part Volume
Tap the “Delete” box in the lower right corner to remove this Control Set.

Press [HOME] to return to the main screen… and to return the Sliders to their role as Part Volume
The Slider will now again control Part 1 Volume.

Posted : 22/08/2021 9:42 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thank you!
I just need this preset in a multi project. Very good sound! All other sleepy violins. Also, I use a cello instead of a violin. The only way to get realistic sound.

Posted : 23/08/2021 10:35 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us