Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MODX6 froze during performance editing

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi! Yesterday My MODX6 froze during editing...

I bought it new a year and a half ago. I have played several gigs and programmed many sounds on it. And I had no problems .Yesterday I was editing some Performances, changing "scenes" and playing at the same time. Suddenly the sound has disappeared and the MODX froze. It did not react when pressing the buttons or the screen either. Only BEEPs were heard when touching the screen. I had to turn it off and on to get it working again. I'm worried that it won't happen to me during a performance. It is the first time in 1.5 years that something happens to me with the instrument...
I have read on the web that there are people who had lags with the screen, but I have ANIMATION, BLUR, and KNOB FLASH turn to OFF. Also I have the last 2.52 firmware installed. In my case it was not a problem with the screen, I think so. It has happened when I have pressed one of the SCENE buttons ... Has anyone had a similar problem?
Thanks!

Posted : 21/08/2021 10:32 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Over the 5 years I've owned a Montage, it's locked up perhaps a couple of times. It travels back and forth to gigs and practices. So it isn't plugged in all the time. However, I do leave it on and plugged in for extended periods of time and generally it's rock solid. I can't remember the last time it locked up - so I'm guessing it was 2 or more years ago. I see early on (and by "early on" I mean in the life of my ownership) in 2016 I had an event where "Local Control" was turned off inadvertently and this, by design, made the instrument controls get locked out. I learned more about that setting back then. This isn't your case because it would not affect the touch screen.

In 2018 I mention in response to another user having a frozen keyboard issue that I have seen my Montage freeze one time but had not have the keyboard do that again. Responses are not dated - but the original post's date was Nov 2018. So perhaps sometime in 2017 or early 2018 I saw something like this.

It's not a MODX - but there are borrowed pieces and all I can provide feedback for.

Posted : 21/08/2021 2:34 pm
Topic starter

Thank you for your experience;)

Posted : 22/08/2021 11:23 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us