Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can a MODX Be Controlled From a Midi Controller with No Issues.

19 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Jim
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi, I just got back from the Music Store and Yes the MODX7 does respond with a Akai Midi controller Much better than the MX series,You Don't need a controller that transmits multiple midi channels to play a Preformance ,So that solves that and the MX keyboard feel. I tried it out for about a hour and it sounds good,but No "Wow Factor" to get rid of My Motif XF7..I will continue to wait for a Montage Rack, or for a Good used Montage..Thanks for your comments...

Posted : 11/10/2018 4:24 pm

JIm: Which Akai controller were you using? And I assume you were connecting it to the MODX with a standard MIDI cable, not a USB cable (?)...

df

Posted : 11/10/2018 5:06 pm
 Jim
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Well after going to 4 more music stores and Finally getting a salesperson who could answer all my questions and show me some tips how to use it well,Last week ordered a MODX7 and it came today..It is Pretty Damn Good!!! Still Not giving up My XF7,But for that price,I can keep Both..Its a shame that 95% of the Salespeople Don't Know the Product..Guess my Persistence Payed off..Thanks Yamaha..But I still want a Montage Rack!!!!! 🙂

Posted : 24/10/2018 3:45 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Feel free to report back if you perceive any "MIDI issues", however you elect to define.

Posted : 24/10/2018 7:15 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us