Can I create a sound from a WAV sample?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Patrick
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi,

I found a wav sample from I Want Your Love - Chic. It is the bell sound.
Can I use this as a sound so I can play the melody on my keyboard?

Posted : 27/02/2022 6:42 pm
Bad Mister

Hi,

I found a wav sample from I Want Your Love - Chic. It is the bell sound.
Can I use this as a sound so I can play the melody on my keyboard?

A .wav with the correct attributes can be imported to the MODX as a New Waveform. The .wav will need to be looped and trimmed before loading it to the MODX.

A Waveform, in Yamaha-speak, is a collection of samples mapped horizontally to Key Ranges and vertically to Velocity Ranges (this is accomplished in the Keybanks). The difference between a .wav and a Waveform is the additional information that allows the audio to played as a musical sound (with appropriate pitch adjustments and dynamics).
You can certainly load .wav files to MODX, here's how:

You can go to the individual Element screen and load your audio file directly to an Element.
From HOME, press [CATEGORY]
Set "Bank/Favorites = All
Set "Attributes" = All

Touch "INIT"
Select "INIT Normal (AWM2)" > Enter

Press [EDIT]
Press [PART SELECT 1]
In the screen along the bottom touch Element "1"
Touch "OSC/Tune"
Touch the box "New Waveform"

This will open the Load "Audio file" window where you can start importing your data into a Waveform.
Each Waveform can have 256 Keybanks (a KeyBank is the Note Range/Velocity Range) to add a new KeyBank to the current Waveform, you must touch the "Add KeyBank" box...

But before you do that...

You have several internal sounds that can be used for the bell sound in "I Want Your Love" -- Chic
From the HOME screen press [CATEGORY]
Set the "Bank/Favorite" = Preset
Set the"Attribute" = All
Type the word Tubular under the magnifying glass.

You will find an "FM Tubular Bell" and a couple of AWM2 "Tubular Bell 1" and "Tubular Bell 2"

Posted : 27/02/2022 7:28 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us