Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Connect v1.2 and Mac OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Member Admin
Topic starter

This new connect does not list compatibility with High Sierra, 10.13.6, the last MacOS before the Core Animation trickeries impinged on font renderings as they made MacOS somewhat compatible with iOS apps... and made ever more excruciating changes to how audio was badly managed around the T1 and T2 "security" chips and the coreaudiod process that causes all the wondrous glitches.

On this page,
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/modx_connect_mac.html
there's the claim that the new system requirements (MacOS 10.14 and up) conform to the DAW requirements, and Ableton Live 11 is listed.

This is not the case. Ableton Live 11 is compatible with Mac OS versions all the way down to 10.13... they get it, they know why.

If Connect v1.2 is not compatible with Mac OS 10.13, please make it so. If it is, please say it is.

Posted : 27/10/2022 5:22 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Since v1.2 says to add support for later versions of Cubase - macOS 10.13 users are expected to keep using v1.1 and not gain improvements offered by v1.2. Meaning it appears the expectation is that you do not shell out cash for a Cubase upgrade (if you already have the older Cubase versions) or find the older version if purchasing for the first time. At the minimum I think Steinberg will be able to provide users older versions of Cubase AI (no purchase necessary for MODX/Montage owners).

Now - technically - I'm not sure why the old v1.1 version of Connect wouldn't work with Cubase 12. I'd have to setup a virtual machine (all ~5GB of it) to see since I have Big Sur native and only 10.4 in a VM for supporting "super old" keyboards and those synth's associated drivers/editors.

Since v1.2 also adds MODX+ it seems folks with older operating systems and MODX+ would have to forego using Connect.

Officially, Apple ended support of 10.13 Dec 1st, 2020. This is probably part of the contributing factor to Yamaha's dropping support for 10.13 (which, BTW - may not match the conventions of other hardware/software manufacturers). The previous Connect version was released before 10.13 was "phased out" by Apple.

Posted : 27/10/2022 5:32 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us