Notifications
Clear all

Controlling Delay time with assign knob

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Paul
Topic starter

I trying to figure out a way to control the delay time on my 2nd assign knob. my 1st knob is controlling the amount of wet/dry. I'm using the Cross Delay in ins B.
I'm sure I'm missing something. I'm in a a part. Do I need to be in the common? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted : 14/06/2019 12:30 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

You need to find your effect first, then the parameter. The effect could be in variation, insertion, reverb, or maybe even master effects. "Delay" can be in any of those places. Once you've found the delay you're after - get to the screen with the effect parameters/settings. Look at a button under the transport controls labeled [CONTROL ASSIGN]. When you select the delay parameter, it should light up. If the [CONTROL ASSIGN] button doesn't light up, this means you cannot assign this parameter to a knob. One of two reasons for this. You've either run out of destinations and you would never see this light up (for this PART) until you deleted another assignment - OR, more common, the parameter isn't one of the ones that can ever be assigned. There's lots of parameters that fit into this category. Most of the effect parameters can be assigned.

When you press the [CONTROL ASSIGN] button, a menu pops up. Spin the knob you want to control this. This will automatically make the associations for you and present you at the screen where you can edit the curve, ratio, etc.

Posted : 14/06/2019 2:16 am
Bad Mister

I trying to figure out a way to control the delay time on my 2nd assign knob. my 1st knob is controlling the amount of wet/dry. I'm using the Cross Delay in ins B.
I'm sure I'm missing something. I'm in a a part. Do I need to be in the common? Any help would be appreciated.

You have the Delay assigned to the Part as an Insertion Effect. This means you will assign a Part Assign Knob to control the “Dry/Wet” balance. If you wish to control the “Delay Time” you must select a Delay Type that allows control over that parameter.

The “Cross Delay” allows you set separate Delay Times for the Left>Right and Right>Left channel but does not offer real-time control over the Delay Time. Use a “Tempo Delay” for a similar Delay with adjustable Delay Times; or the “Control Delay” or the “Analog Delays”, if your goal is adjust the Delay Time in real-time.

Recommended procedure:
First, see what, if any thing is assigned to the Part 1 Assign Knobs 1 and 2, here’s how:
From the HOME screen,
Select the Part ... you can do so by touching the Type/Name box associated with the Part you want to Edit.
A pop-in menu appears, touch “Edit”
Touch “Mod/Control” > “Control Assign”
Make sure the “Auto Select” option is active (green)
Make sure the [ASSIGN] button is lit
Turn Assign Knob 1 to recall its assignment
Turn Assign Knob 2 to recall its assignment

If they have something assigned, you may want to keep that assignment; try Assign Knob 3, 4 and so on.
Of course, you could “Delete” these assignments if you wish... or you could additionally assign your choice of parameter Destinations. The thinking here is to assign things their own Knob until you have to combine assignments... or when it makes sense to combine assignments.

There are two methods to make these assignments. You’ll want to know about both of them.

Method 1: Highlight the Parameter you want to Control then create the Control Set
Navigate to the Part’s Insertion Effect.
While in Part Edit touch “Effect” > “InsB”
Move the cursor highlight to “Dry/Wet”
When you highlight a parameter that can be assigned to a controller, the [CONTROL ASSIGN] Knob will glow, indicating you can press it to begin the Assign process.
Press [CONTROL ASSIGN]
You are taken to a screen that asks you to move the Controller you want to assign to control this parameter.
Move “AssignKnob 1” or the Part Assign Knob you want to use
You are taken to the. Control Set to define how this Knob is going to be applied.

Navigate to the “Delay Time” parameter within the Insertion Effect
Check to see if the [CONTROL ASSIGN] button is glowing... if so,
Press [CONTROL ASSIGN]
Move “AssignKnob 2” or the Part Assign Knob you want to Assign this parameter.
If you are working with a Stereo Delay, you can control the Delay Times independently, if you wish.

Method 2: Work from the Control Assign screen
When on the Part’s “Control Assign” screen, you can touch a “+” to ADD a “Destination”
When you tap the “+” a default parameter Destination appears... tap that parameter to see the full pop-in menu with the selections.
You are looking for “Insertion B” and the assignable parameters will appear for the currently set Effect type. Find the “Dry/Wet” parameter, select it; set the “Source” = AsgnKnob1. Add another Destination, tap the default parameter, select “Insert B” > “Delay Time”. Set the “Source” = AsgnKnob2.
If you are working with a Stereo Delay, you can control the Delay Times independently, if you wish.

Posted : 14/06/2019 2:36 am
 Paul
Topic starter

Thanks to both of you

Posted : 14/06/2019 1:40 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us