Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Do I need to upgrade Cubase to use DAW control and MODX Connect?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm currently on Cubase Ai 9.5 which came with my MODX. I saw in the release notes for MODX Connect 1.10 that "Compliance with Cubase 9 series has been discontinued." Does this mean if I install MODX Connect 1.10 that I have to upgrade my version of Cubase? I think that's what it means, but just wanted to be sure.

Also, do I need to upgrade to Cubase 10 to use the DAW control on MODX? Thanks!

Posted : 03/06/2020 1:00 pm
Bad Mister

I'm currently on Cubase Ai 9.5 which came with my MODX. I saw in the release notes for MODX Connect 1.10 that "Compliance with Cubase 9 series has been discontinued." Does this mean if I install MODX Connect 1.10 that I have to upgrade my version of Cubase? I think that's what it means, but just wanted to be sure.

Also, do I need to upgrade to Cubase 10 to use the DAW control on MODX? Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in getting to answer this, but I wanted to test this myself .

Cubase 9.5 can still run the updated version MODX CONNECT V1.1.0, no issues.

You may want to contact Steinberg via your MySteinberg Account on exactly what is no longer working.
But rest assured MODX CONNECT will still fully function as a VST3 plugin in your version of Cubase.

Posted : 04/06/2020 2:46 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks - I actually haven't tried anything on Cubase since the update. Just wanted to know before I tried using it.

Posted : 05/06/2020 3:27 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Also, Steinberg has been pretty good about providing an updated license when Cubase AI moves to a new revision.

I'm not sure of the card that's included with MODX - but the Montage card mentions having a license to the latest version of Cubase AI. My interpretation has been that latest means that as Cubase AI is updated - that the latest version updates and falls within the bounds of the license agreement. Steinberg has agreed. I have since moved on to Pro - so I haven't asked for version 10 of AI. That may be something worth trying - it doesn't hurt to ask. That'd have to be done through Steinberg's support channels (MySteinberg account referenced by BM).

Posted : 05/06/2020 8:15 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us