Notifications
Clear all

Edit Drum Track to add fills on the Modx

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 dave
Topic starter

Hi I just created my first song with the pattern sequencer and chained the different scenes to make the song complete. I used drum arps for all the scenes. Now I would like to edit the drums and add drum fills between the sections. I found 4 drum arps I would like to use for the fills. How would I proceed. Thank you.

Posted : 13/03/2020 12:01 am
Bad Mister

Thanks for the question.

In the current firmware (MODX 2.00 / MONTAGE 3.00), this is where you might want to export your work to your favorite DAW software. We’ll describe what happens with CUBASE AI (since everyone gets a free copy) — but generally this can be any DAW you choose.

Arp Phrases are often used simply as a tempo guide, after converting the composition to a linear a Song structure, you might want to export the sequence data to Cubase (.mid) where you can use a rhythm plugin (like Groove Agent) or setup to transfer the Arp Fill-In phrases that you wish to use.

Once your Pattern Scenes are “chained” and “converted” to a MONTAGE/MODX linear MIDI Song, you will be able to ‘drag and drop’ the data (as a .mid) into your favorite DAW. MONTAGE/MODX CONNECT can do “Song Import” which moves the data directly from the instrument via your USB connection. You can set the MIDI File Import Option so that the Song arrives with a separate Track for each Part.

You can then opt to keep or remove some or all of your current drum track.

You could transfer the Fill-in Arp phrases to your DAW and cut and paste them into position in your DAW.

A VST program like Groove Agent to help you construct a more elaborate drum track that fits the layout of your composition. This involves setting the DAW as master MIDI Clock and the MONTAGE/MODX as the slave device.

Or you might opt to simply synchronize Groove Agent and the internal sequencer and use Groove Agent to trigger the MODX drum sounds.

Posted : 20/03/2020 1:06 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us