Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MODX LCD TOUCH PANEL NOT RESPONSIVE

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Dear All, I am new on this forum and I hope to learn from your experiences regarding MODX.
I recently bought a new MODX 8 with firmware 1.10. After upgrading it to v2.0, the LCD panel got fully frozen and unresponsive. Is a way to fix such an issue? What may be the root cause?
Thanking you in advance for your help.

Posted : 12/03/2020 12:28 pm
Bad Mister

A few questions...
You say you updated the instrument to version 2.00
What did the screen say when the update was complete?
What is on the screen right now?

Make sure you are using the original power adapter and reboot the instrument.

To calibrate your touch screen:
_ Hold down the [UTILITY] button and press the [PART SELECT MUTE/SOLO] button.
The Utility display appears, with the [Calibrate Touch Panel] selected.
_ Press the [ENTER] button.
_ A white square appears. Touch the square to calibrate the touch panel, and continue with subsequent white squares until the operation is finished.

Posted : 12/03/2020 12:53 pm
Topic starter

Thank you for your reply.

I did complete the upgrade to 2.0. The piano is working well except the touch screen panel that is not responsive and fully frozen.
Moreover, I am using all yamaha original accessories.

Unfortunately, I can't reboot the keyboard from the panel as it is not responsive. The same issue was reported here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSScJEuFhKQ

Posted : 12/03/2020 2:17 pm
Bad Mister

Sept 27, 2019!?!

Don’t waste any more time — take your instrument to an authorized service center. Looks like the screen has become disconnected... we’re you attempting to use an external touch screen?

Either way, see an authorized service center.

Posted : 12/03/2020 3:39 pm
Topic starter

Thank you, Bad Mister,

I took it to an authorized service center. They have been working on the issue and will revert back to me shortly.
Thank you again.

Posted : 13/03/2020 5:40 am
Topic starter

Hello Bad Mister,

I finally collected my MODX 8 keyboard. The authorized service center reinstalled the firmware 1.10 and recommended me to not upgrade to the 2.0 until they will revert back to me after Yamaha fixes the bugs they are suspecting in the 2.20.

Posted : 17/03/2020 7:33 am
Bad Mister

Well, that doesn’t make any sense at all. What authorized service center did you go to?

Posted : 17/03/2020 11:08 am
Topic starter

I am in Mauritius... and I went to the local Yamaha authorized service center. I am quite frustrated for not being able to enjoy all the features of v2.0 firmware.
In such a situation I don't want to take any risk to upgrade to v2.0 and get the LCD unresponsive and frozen. Very sad for me.

Posted : 17/03/2020 1:41 pm
Bad Mister

Unfortunate situation. I suggest you contact the Yamaha Distributor, explain your situation... what you were told doesn’t sound right to me. The issue has nothing to do with the firmware version.

Link to Contact Info

Posted : 17/03/2020 2:05 pm
Topic starter

I agree with you that my issue may have nothing to do with firmware 2.0. And that is what I just reported to the local Yamaha distributor that is also the Yamaha authorized service center. Unfortunately, they don't have any MODX8 spare to replace mine.
Meantime, they recommend me to remain on version 1.10 they reinstalled until they revert back to me with the final decision of Yamaha Japan. When? I don't know 🙁

Posted : 17/03/2020 2:38 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us