Notifications
Clear all

editing a part within a performance

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm probably mixing terms here, so apologies up front.
Scenario: I have selected a patch (or is it a sample) from category and saved it as a new performance. I now add a 2nd part to the new performance, also using category, but do not save it as something new. I selected "lots of brass" and left it as "lots of brass."
Question: If I now edit "lots of brass" within that performance, will it globally change "lots of brass" or only change it within that performance?

Posted : 04/07/2021 2:21 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Question: If I now edit "lots of brass" within that performance, will it globally change "lots of brass" or only change it within that performance?

No edits you make to one Performance will change anything in another Performance.

There is no way to overwrite a preset - so those are always the same as factory.

When you add a preset Performance or any portion (1 Part or more) of the preset Performance to your own Performance - what's happening is that the Part is being copied into your Performance. It's not the original preset - it's a copy.

Posted : 04/07/2021 9:18 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks, as always

Posted : 05/07/2021 1:17 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us