Clear all

Example files for "Mastering MODX" articles

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Lars
Topic starter

Hi,

I am a happy new owner of the MODX, and is reading the "Mastering MODX" series of articles on this site.

I have now come to the "Side Chain Modulation" part, and there I have to download a file called "SuperKnobExamples.X8U". But the link in the article is dead!

I found a post on this forum from 2019, where another user had the same problem, and he was provided with a new link. That link is now also dead...

Can anyone please help ? I really want to continue reading this article series.

Posted : 05/04/2021 5:04 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Someone (at Yamaha) will have to update that google drive link with something valid.

I didn't see the contents on any of the cache sites I sometimes can find things in.

If you dig hard enough you'll find dead links all over the place (hint: please fix those too).

Posted : 05/04/2021 7:27 pm
 Lars
Topic starter

Someone (at Yamaha) will have to update that google drive link with something valid.

I didn't see the contents on any of the cache sites I sometimes can find things in.

If you dig hard enough you'll find dead links all over the place (hint: please fix those too).

It seems like a cleanup is due šŸ™‚

In general I must say Iā€™m a bit disappointed about Yamaha's online presence. I am using Mac, like many other musicians, and for instance I have to download Chrome to make login "sort of work". It's still quite difficult to log in, but I can make workarounds in Chrome. In Safari I can't log in at all!

And doing a search, I can see that this has been the status for at least 2 years?

I would assume a big company like Yamaha was better than this?

Posted : 06/04/2021 12:47 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

In order to out-source the forum, Yamaha made things "easier" at the expense of not really having control over some layers of bugs or weirdness. The MIDI organization is running the same forum software - not sure if that implementation is having these same problems or not (I'm not very active there).

... back on the topic - if anyone happens to have the file maybe they can share it somewhere and then the rest can "download at your own risk" in the meantime. Maybe Joel @ Moessieurs should backup host some of this content so there's a more reliable place to grab some of these files.

Once a quarter to once a year everything goes in the trash until some (not all) of the links are fixed enough to make it to the next crash. Self-imposed crashes.

Posted : 06/04/2021 6:15 pm

Hi Lars,

I agree that Yamaha have some serious issues with the structure of their website but i guess that is the nature of the internet that content move around.

Due to this I try and back up some articles and content I'm interested in even if I don't have time to comple/fully go through them when they are first published.

I've attached the example file you requested (SuperKnobExamples.X8U) together with another example file used in the series (LIVE SET Examples.X8U) and you can find them in the MasteringMODX.zip.

Hope this help you move forward... šŸ™‚

Attached files

MasteringMODX.zip (23.3 KB) 

Posted : 10/04/2021 1:54 pm
 Lars
Topic starter

Hi Lars,

I agree that Yamaha have some serious issues with the structure of their website but i guess that is the nature of the internet that content move around.

Due to this I try and back up some articles and content I'm interested in even if I don't have time to comple/fully go through them when they are first published.

I've attached the example file you requested (SuperKnobExamples.X8U) together with another example file used in the series (LIVE SET Examples.X8U) and you can find them in the MasteringMODX.zip.

Thanks so much Martin, I will give that a go šŸ™‚

Posted : 18/04/2021 9:52 am
 Lars
Topic starter

Hi Lars,

Thanks so much Martin, I will give that a go šŸ™‚

Worked like a charm, so thanks again

Posted : 19/04/2021 12:02 pm

Worked like a charm, so thanks again

Happy to help. This can hopefully help others out as well so a win-win.

Posted : 19/04/2021 8:41 pm
Share:

Ā© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Ā Ā  Terms of UseĀ |Ā Privacy PolicyĀ |Ā Contact Us