Foot Pedals

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
 dave
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi there

I'm wondering if anybody out there uses a midi foot pedal unit to change scenes on the MODX.

I've seen that the Behringer FCB1010 can do it, but wondering about cheaper ones like the M VAVE Chocolate?

Posted : 28/02/2024 11:55 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The M VAVE Chocolate allows for sending CC messages over different MIDI channels - so, yes, it would work.   I didn't see if it could be directly connected (without wireless).  I'd personally prefer a wired connection - but that's the only possible "downside" I see.

Reviews show the cheap pedal is fairly feature rich given its cost.

I guess the other concern would be the app and if it will be updated as the operating systems are updated.  If, in the future, the app stop working for newer operating systems - then you'd be left with a fairly unconfigurable pedal.

Posted : 19/03/2024 2:15 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

As an update - looks like the M VAVE Chocolate supports wired MIDI using the "pedal" connector.  You'd need to buy a 5-pin DIN MIDI cable to TRS cable.  There's a video online where the presenter had issues with cheap cables but the Boss branded TRS/MIDI cable worked well.  If you're going to do this, it may help to see the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3csZlMFWss&t=377s

... since there's a small icon that's easy to miss in the configuration app to access changing the "pedal" input to a MIDI out port.  The link above is set to start playing right at that moment where this feature is detailed.

So the only issue I see here is longevity of support for the configuration app.  

Posted : 20/03/2024 8:35 pm
dave reacted
 dave
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Jason,

Maybe the app longevity is not an issue - once you program it to change scenes - provided you don't want to use it for any other functions, it should live forever as a scene changing pedal?

Posted : 05/04/2024 7:08 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Yes, if you forever want this pedal to do one thing then you can hurry up and program it to do what you want until you can't anymore.  Also assuming some firmware update or loss of battery (fyi: I don't actually know the scenarios that would lose internal memory) or some other event doesn't clear out your programming.   It's soft ground - but ground nonetheless.

Posted : 05/04/2024 4:59 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us