Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

How do I update MODX using USB flash drive?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Having trouble updating MODX to v2.5. How do I get the update on a USB flash drive from my iMac loaded to the MODX? If I format the USB to the MODX, I can’t load it from my iMac. Help?

Posted : 24/07/2020 12:54 am
Bad Mister

?

Don’t format anything. USB sticks come ready to use.
Let‘s take this one step at a time.

First, ensure that the USB stick works with your MODX.
Plug it into the TO DEVICE Port on the back panel of the MODX.
Press [UTILITY]
Touch “Contents” > “Store/Save” > set the “Content Type” = User File
Tap the box “Save as New File”
Give it a name, tap Done.

The current User Bank will be written to the USB stick.
You will see your File Name with .X8U as the extension.
This means your MODX can use that USB stick.

If you have loaded Libraries, and/or if you have created Songs, Patterns, that you want to keep... then make a BACKUP FILE:
Press [UTILITY]
Touch “Contents” > “Store/Save” > set the “Content Type” = BACKUP File
Tap the box “Save as New File”
Give it a name, tap Done.
This will backup your entire MODX.... All Libraries, all Songs, all Patterns, as well as everything you may have created with your MODX.

When complete...
Take the USB stick and connect it to your computer.
You downloaded a Zipped file that contains several items - one of which is a New Feature (nf) Supplementary Manual (pdf) in a language near you, one is the ReadMe file that’s explains what to do. And the one with the numbers and letters (the Updater Program), it has the extension .PGM

Transfer just this Updater program file to the USB stick. It must go in the root directory (this means it should NOT be in a folder).
You can keep the files others on the computer (the MODX cannot read them)
Copy the .PGM File to the USB stick.
Eject the USB stick and return it to your MODX.

POWER ON your MODX while holding down the [UTILITY] + [UP CURSOR] until you see the Yamaha MODX screen, and it begins searching for the Updater file.
The updater will take over ... it will alert you when it is completed, and it says “Reboot”

Done.

Posted : 24/07/2020 1:22 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us