Notifications
Clear all

How to Copy one Element from a Performance to another Performance

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Mark
Topic starter

I am trying to figure out how copy a complete Element from one Performance to another Performance. I have found out where I can copy either a Part or an Element within a Performance but not able to figure out to select an Element outside of the Performance I want to Edit.

Mark

Posted : 05/03/2021 2:18 pm
Bad Mister

I am trying to figure out how copy a complete Element from one Performance to another Performance. I have found out where I can copy either a Part or an Element within a Performance but not able to figure out to select an Element outside of the Performance I want to Edit.

Mark

Hi Mark,
If you know how to copy an Element within a Performance, then you have the knowledge you need.
When viewing an Element Edit screen hold [SHIFT] + [EDIT] to launch the Copy/Exchange function.

Simply move the Part from the outside Performance into your current Performance... copy the Element to where you desire... then delete that extra Part.

From your Performance, tap “+” to add a Part to an empty slot
The “Performance Merge” search screen appears
Set the “Bank/Favorite” = All
Set the “Source” = the Part # you wish to get the Element from.

Now that this Part is apart of your Performance, you can copy the Element you are interested in.
Once you’ve copied the Element from this “merged” Part you can DELETE the Part...
You do so by tapping its “Type/Name” box on the Home Screen
The pop-in menu appears
Select “Delete”

Posted : 05/03/2021 3:33 pm
 Mark
Topic starter

Thanks Bad Mister that worked! Not quite as intuitive to me as the Job Function in the Motif XS I had been using but the "light Bulb" just turned on for me in regards to the multiple Parts in the MODX Performances.

My example was that I was wanting to move a String Resonance Element sample from one Piano to another I had. Following your directions, the 2nd Part was added. I then determined I had multiple options to work with. I could move just that one Element over to Part 1 and then delete Part 2, or keep the 2nd Part in tact and turn off the other Elements not needed or better yet, use the AF functions to turn on or off the additional 2nd Part Elements. What this gave me was a super layered Performance with two different Pianos!

I guess I was so used to only having 8 Elements to work with on the XS for a "Voice". Of course, I could use the XS "Performance" mode to create multiple layers similar to the above.

You're the best!

Mark

Posted : 06/03/2021 12:06 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us