Notifications
Clear all

"Hybrid" drum/chromatic arpeggios

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

OK, so next question that is on my mind:
I'm creating something what you may call a sfx drum set, to be used with arpeggiator. It consists of miscellaneous bings and bangs, bell and muted guitars (in case you haven't figured out already, yes, it's a wavesequence kit, don't tell me how to live my life πŸ˜‰ )

Is there a way to create an arpeggio in which certain notes will play in chromatic manner (i.e. follow keys pressed) and some will have constant pitch (or note) like in rhythm pattern?

Posted : 18/12/2019 9:49 pm
Bad Mister

Arp convert types include those that follow the notes as input by the keys pressed and those that play a fixed pattern.
You have eight Parts and eight Arpeggiators per Performance so one Arp Phrase does not have to do both.

Posted : 18/12/2019 9:59 pm
Topic starter

So basically (as I suspected) I need to split the "wavesequence" to the percussive and chromatic parts with separate arpeggios?

Posted : 18/12/2019 10:01 pm
Bad Mister

No, if you are having trouble building the Arp Phrase using multiple convert types, you don’t have to hurt your head, just use the same Kit in two Parts with two separate Arps.

If you read through the article on Guitar Arpeggios you can see how Chord Intelligent and Fixed note Arp data can coexist in single Arpeggio Phrase.

Posted : 19/12/2019 9:04 am
Topic starter

Yeah, I finally grasped the 4-track concept. Stay tuned for the result πŸ™‚

If may I ask, can you address my reply in the previous post? My life may not depend on knowing the answer, but with LFO depth issue I hope it's not a hardware limitation and can be resolved and with legato: maybe it's something I'm really missing...

Posted : 19/12/2019 6:11 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us