Notifications
Clear all

RE: Soundmondo Issue

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Once you Browse for a sound and click on it to select it... the front panel of the MODX appears with the description by the author.
Click on SYNC. The selected program is bulked to your instrument.

No, unfortunately for me it doesn't happen, I don't know why, perhaps this is the symptom that there is something that does not work as it should. Not only the description of the author doesn't appear but also the sound doesn't change and it's still the old one, so I can't STORE it on my MODX
should I create a new Performance on my MODX before to click on the SYNC button?

On the other side, if I understand correctly the best way to save a custom user made sound on my PC is to click on the Private and Save button, right? then I will load it into my MODX later

"..Click on the gear to the right of the SEARCH field (top right) in order to view your PRIVATE collection (and all the items you’ve shared)..
I'm not able to see my Private collection, I have no sounds listed

Posted : 18/12/2019 4:33 pm
Bad Mister

Your issue is a different issue so we give you your own thread.

To troubleshoot your issue, we need to review your setup... are you using Chrome?

Posted : 18/12/2019 4:47 pm

Yes, I'm using Chrome, version 79.0.3945.88 ( the latest)

Posted : 18/12/2019 6:22 pm

Ok, after choosing a new sound how should I set the MODX to see the description of the author on the MODX screen and to listen to the new selected sound?

Posted : 18/12/2019 6:48 pm
Bad Mister

Ok, after choosing a new sound how should I set the MODX to see the description of the author on the MODX screen and to listen to the new selected sound?

None of that happens. The parameter settings that recreate the selected Performance are sent via MIDI to your MODX. You must play it to hear what it sounds like.

After you click SYNC, the HOME screen of your MODX should read the Performance Name you clicked on.

Posted : 18/12/2019 9:32 pm

After you click SYNC, the HOME screen of your MODX should read the Performance Name you clicked on.

I've tried again and again : No, it doesn't happen, there isn't the Performance name of the new sound selected, there still the old one

"The parameter settings that recreate the selected Performance are sent via MIDI to your MODX. You must play it to hear what it sounds like."
What I still continue to hear is always the prevoius sound and not the new chosen

Posted : 18/12/2019 10:13 pm
Bad Mister

Check that your MODX is set to MIDI I/O = USB
A bright blue USB icon should appear on the very top line of your screen...

Posted : 19/12/2019 9:13 am

Problem solved : I've uninstalled/ re-installed again the Yamaha Steinberg drivers, now everything works great!

Posted : 21/12/2019 3:13 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Every Soundmondo thread should have uninstall/reinstall the Yamaha Steinberg USB Drivers as a suggestion for fix. It's usually in the discussion somewhere.

What is your computer/OS, Dario? I see your Chrome version - but not what operating system you're using. It would help to document that for future reference.

Posted : 22/12/2019 7:53 am

My computer is a PC (HP) Windows 10 (Home edition) based, running Chrome

Hope it helps

Posted : 23/12/2019 7:23 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Yes, probably what you were bit by was Soundmondo's incompatibility with a feature Windows has to assign (and reassign) names to drivers. When Windows detects some kind of change to the settings of hardware a driver is assigned to, it will change the name of the driver so that there is a unique name for every "instance" of the driver. This is a feature and not a bug.

Cubase doesn't have a problem with this - and other native Windows software that use the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver do not have issues when the driver name is renamed. However, Soundmondo - which uses WebMIDI (a "new" standard for browsers) - gets tripped up by this reassignment.

The original driver name before renaming for me (I have a Montage) is "MONTAGE-1". When I hover over the speaker icon in the lower-right of the Windows taskbar OR if I look at device manager and see the driver is named "MONTAGE-1" - then I know all is well. When the driver gets renamed, the name will look like: "2- MONTAGE-1" (as one example). The "2- " or any other number BEFORE the MONTAGE (or MODX in your case) tells me the driver name has been renamed to adjust to some changes. If I hover over the taskbar or look in device manager and see any number preceding "MONTAGE" - then I know this will cause problems with Soundmondo. This would call for, as the easiest way to fix, uninstalling the Yamaha Steinberg USB drivers and reinstalling. This always "fixes" the driver and removes the numbers before your driver name.

This all assumes a single MODX (or single Montage). Multiple will compound this sort of issue as only one of the two keyboards could be addressed since Soundmondo can't handle more than one of any given keyboard.

Hopefully all of this gets fixed. It can be fixed. The problem is currently bugs in the javascript code. Not drivers. Not the keyboard (MODX). Just Soundmondo itself.

Posted : 24/12/2019 9:54 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us