Notifications
Clear all

I'm looking for a performances...

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello to the friends of this beautiful community. After finally resolving my problem between modx and soundmondo, I'm looking for performances that have mainly arps ... I'm looking for something "ambient", "lounge", "chillout", "new age", "ethnic" style and similar . I am also very interested in arpeggios on compound times (6/8, 7/8, etc.). On soundmondo I didn't find anything exceptional. Can anyone tell me where can I find performances (better if free) with arp of these styles?

Posted : 18/12/2019 9:42 am
Bad Mister

What was it about your connection to Soundmondo that finally resolved your issue? Others with a similar issue, might benefit from your sharing that info...

Soundmondo, unfortunately, does not allow you to *share* custom Waveforms, custom Arpeggios, or Custom Motion Sequences, etc., however, when you know what to look for, any MIDI File contains scores of potential Arpeggio Phrase data. Not all MIDI phrases can be turned into useful phrases, but as you begin to work through the 10,239 that Yamaha provides, and you begin to experiment with making your own, you get a sense of what makes a good candidate for becoming an Arpeggio.

Arpeggios can contain up to 16 unique notes. What that means is, if constructing a drum Arp phrase, the drummer can have a sixteen piece Kit... they can hit each drum as often as they want, but only 16 unique Note numbers can be used. This has impact on what musical phrases can be used to convert successfully to an Arp Phrase. In general, Arpeggio phrases that are to be used to follow chord quality, you’’ll find, outline one chord. In other words, a IIm7 - V7 progression, make a poor arp (beyond personal use)... because when the unsuspecting user attempts to use it, they’d have to know not to finger both chords while it plays. And if later they need just a minor7 chord, they would be wondering ‘where the V7 chord came from’?

Soundmondo is NOT the place to find new Arpeggios. I’m certain that is what you mean, as there are tons of great sounds on the site, and anyone who claims to have played them all, is only kidding! Even if you were able to post new Arps it is highly doubtful you’d find many in 7/8 time. You’d be better off buying odd time signature MIDI Files and go about making your own.

As you may notice, many of the factory Arp phrases seem to be reminiscent to song titles that are somewhat familiar. The skill you want to develop is listening to a MIDI file and recognizing what might translate into a good (universally useful) Arpeggio Phrase. Start by loading .mid files and capturing Drum grooves, fill-Ins, rolls, etc., etc. Learn to use the “User Arp” conversion tool, fairly quickly you’ll start to develop the ear for Arp Phrase potential.

Posted : 18/12/2019 1:45 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks a lot Mr... but for me it's again very complex to create mine arp...

Posted : 18/12/2019 2:21 pm
Bad Mister

What was it about your connection to Soundmondo that finally resolved your issue? Others with a similar issue, might benefit from your sharing that info...

Posted : 18/12/2019 2:41 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Certainly. There was no way to make it work, I had to do a "reset system" ... and then it worked. Maybe something got stuck, but I didn't put my hands ...

Posted : 18/12/2019 4:02 pm
Bad Mister

There was no way to make it work, I had to do a "reset system" ... and then it worked.

Reset what system? The MODX?

Posted : 18/12/2019 4:13 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Reset what system? The MODX?

yes

Posted : 19/12/2019 7:24 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us