Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Import Moxf Expansion Library into MODX

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm trying to important an MOXF expansion library (Inspiration in a flash to be exact) After it loads, it tells me that some keybanks weren't loaded. Some of the patches play just fine but others, its like they're missing several samples. Of course the one patch that I really want doesnt work lol. Is it possible that I'm loading it incorrectly or is this particular library not really compatible with the MODX?

Posted : 06/01/2019 4:34 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

You're not doing anything wrong.

Inspiration in a flash isn't fully compatible. Go to google and type:

site:yamahasynth.com "inspiration in a flash"

You may want to limit to your keyboard or a related keyboard:

site:yamahasynth.com "inspiration in a flash" modx

site:yamahasynth.com "inspiration in a flash" montage

The compatibility problem shows up with different promotional libraries of the past. Most paid libraries will not have used the incompatible encoding schemes.

It is unlikely this will change. Initial indications for Montage were that perhaps the firmware would be updated to make the keyboard compatible. This is likely to never materialize. Later, there was some official communication that the content was being re-done to make it compatible. It's been longer than anyone would have expected to get this passed through the quality assurance stages. Perhaps something will be released sometime in the next 2 years. We'll see.

Posted : 06/01/2019 6:21 am
Bad Mister

I'm trying to important an MOXF expansion library (Inspiration in a flash to be exact) After it loads, it tells me that some keybanks weren't loaded. Some of the patches play just fine but others, its like they're missing several samples. Of course the one patch that I really want doesnt work lol. Is it possible that I'm loading it incorrectly or is this particular library not really compatible with the MODX?

”Inspiration in a Flash” is not compatible with MODX in the form that was released for the Motif XF and MOXF Flash Boards.
Versions are in the works that will be able to load to the MODX

What sound did you really want?

Posted : 06/01/2019 12:30 pm
Topic starter

”Inspiration in a Flash” is not compatible with MODX in the form that was released for the Motif XF and MOXF Flash Boards.
Versions are in the works that will be able to load to the MODX

What sound did you really want?

There were a few but the most import was the patch called "Live Scat"

Posted : 06/01/2019 2:15 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

There's a "Jazz Singers" Performance in MODX. It's not identical, but the same sort of idea. Category search and magnifying glass search for that term "Jazz Singers".

Posted : 07/01/2019 5:12 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us