Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Anyone using Ravenscroft 275 VST with their MODX...?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Anyone using Ravenscroft 275 VST with their MODX...?

Posted : 06/01/2019 4:27 pm

I am and loving it!

Posted : 06/01/2019 9:21 pm
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

How does it compare to the included pianos?

Is there a Yamaha piano in the MODX that comes very close to the sound of the Ravenscroft 275?

My guess would be the Bosendorfer.... would come close... but how close is the question.

Posted : 20/01/2019 7:51 pm

Are you using the iOS or MacOS version? I have the iOS version for my iPad Pro and maybe I’m not doing something right but it wasn’t as great as I expected from all the glowing reviews about it. It could be just the iPad version and possibly the PC is a different story. I will be trying Pianoteq soon, though as the whole modeling thing is intrigueing. I’ve had positive experiences with this type of technology in the past with the Generalmusic Pro 1 I used some years ago. That said, I’m still very impressed with the piano sounds in my MODX.

Posted : 23/01/2019 10:37 am

Thanks. I also tried Ivory (through the Korg module app) and had similar impressions. At that time, I didn’t have my current Mac Mini and didn’t have the option for the full fledged versions only available with computers. While I fully expected that there would be differences in sound quality, I didn’t think there would be that significant a difference and thought that the big differences in pricing were due to the less extensive tweaking and other features. I recently installed the Stage version of Pianoteq and can now easily hear the differences between the iOS and PC. I’ll keep using iOS but specifically for non-sample based apps like Moog Model 15, Minimoog D etc., and use software like Ravenscroft strictly on PC.

Posted : 25/01/2019 12:02 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us