Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Is there a way to load multiple .wav files at once?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I intend to use the sample ram for my own collection of drums.

Thus far, this has been an extremely tedious process, as I cannot find a way to simply do a bulk transfer.

Adding to the tedium, it only allows me to upload a single file at once, and there is no preview function for this.

Frankly, for all the wondrous features the MODX possesses at this price point, it's maddening if Yamaha really went with such a poor, featureless approach to doing something as rudimentary as loading drum samples. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Does anyone know of a way to do a bulk transfer of .wav files into RAM?

Posted : 09/11/2018 11:23 pm
Bad Mister

There is no sample RAM in the MODX. Perhaps this is why you’re surprised you can’t convert a bunch of .wav files at once.

The MODX has Flash ROM, quite different from sample RAM. The MODX can install Waveforms (a collection of up to 256 samples mapped horizontally and vertically in KeyBanks) to Flash ROM.

The best way to proceed is to construct your MODX Waveforms externally (using computer software) then simply export the data in a MODX compatible file format. The most elegant tool for this is the Melas MONTAGE/MODX Waveform Editor

Yes, you can have the MODX convert a .wav into a KeyBank manually, but that would primarily be used for one shot audio clips, loops, sound effects. If you are mapping entire drum kits or constructing multi-sampled layered instruments, you’re better served using the WAVEFORM EDITOR. It lets you visually manage your audio samples, quickly and easily audio map them, edit them, etc. and you simply export a file you load directly to the synth... importantly, in a fraction of the time.

Working with a Waveform Editor is the only way to fly... your .wav Files are already on your computer just drop them in the Editor, organize them, and then create the file that you load all at once.

SuperBooth 2018 John Melas video

Posted : 10/11/2018 12:55 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us