Notifications
Clear all

Loading Motif XF Performances into MODX

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Rex
Topic starter

When I try and LOAD my MOTIF XF Performances (ALL FILE) into my new MODX7 they wont load.
The VOICES load Ok, when I specify VOICES..but when I specify PERFORMANCES...they wont.
I called Yamaha and they couldn't help me.
They said that I would have to make all new Performances.
Is this true???
It would be very time consuming to do this.

Posted : 07/05/2019 8:00 pm
 Rex
Topic starter

I don't own the Motif XF anymore. I only have the ALL File.

Posted : 07/05/2019 8:02 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

but when I specify PERFORMANCES...they wont.

They won't "what"?

If you get an error message - what exactly is the error? If you do not get an error message: what do you see? What don't you see that you expect? Etc.

Posted : 08/05/2019 5:55 am
Bad Mister

Yes, more information is needed. For help with any question, the more info you provide, the better and more useful the response you’ll get. Also include the name of the file (please include the full extension)... this will tell us what kind of information is in the file (Waveform)
File size would be helpful and the exact error message displayed, if you receive one. The MODX has a list of potential error messages, all are recalled only when the conditions are met. If it doesn’t display one and there is an error, please let us know.

Posted : 08/05/2019 2:45 pm
 hank

Rex,
I had similar problems and did some research and spent a LOT of time fumbling around with my new MODX. (but hey, that's half the fun...to be frustrated and then finally get it....!?)
Please see this thread; it may solve your problems.
Just be aware that there are memory maximums. So you might look at your total MB of saved memory, and maybe try one file at a time and do it gradually .

Here is the thread.........good luck. PM me if you need to.

https://www.yamahasynth.com/ask-a-question/x6a-file-from-moxf-too-much-data-for-memory

Posted : 21/05/2019 2:25 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us