Notifications
Clear all

Loading Motif-XF/MOXF Commercial Libraries

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 M
Topic starter

I'm sure this subject has been discussed already, and I already looked at the manual and googled about it, but no luck.

I just bought a Motif XF collection of patches (.X3V) and followed the instructions provided on the yamaha synth site in order to load them on my MODX, as suggested here to an user with a similar problem: ( https://www.yamahasynth.com/yamaha-synth-rss/user-and-library)

That's what it reads: "You can load the Motif XF data (.X3A, .X3V, .X3E) directly to a Montage Library slot by selecting "Contents Type" = Library File. Everything that is necessary to make it play will be installed."

I did it, I have the Performances showing along with all the others, I can recall my sound with its correct name, but no sound. Samples are loaded, I see it from the "sample memory" bar.

I own a MODX8, latest firmware installed.

Posted : 04/03/2019 6:41 pm

There is a bug for some imports that trigger the "Arp Play Only" in Edit - Part(number) - Common - General settings. Disable that and your sound will be back. Not sure what is triggering that, but I had such issues with some libraries imported/converted from Motif XF. You literally need to edit/disable this for every performance in the library.

For more details, check Reference manual page 66.

Posted : 05/03/2019 2:40 am
 M
Topic starter

Hi Kalin,

thanks so much for your suggestion. It finally solved my problem, after days and days of time wasting.
It's a mystery though, as many other things in this keyboard....

Thank you again.

Posted : 05/03/2019 12:50 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us