Notifications
Clear all

Loading Sounds

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

On the Soundmondo page I found the sounds created by Richard Devine and Blake Angelos!!! Fantastic!! The only problem is that I see that those sounds are created for the Montage, there is a way to load and make them compatible with the MODX ? It would be a dream for me

Let me know,
Thanks

Posted : 20/01/2019 12:13 am
Bad Mister

They should load to your MODX!

Posted : 20/01/2019 12:45 am

I believe the MODX can use Montage files. The only things to watch for are performances that use Montage features that the MODX doesn’t have - like the ribbon strip or aftertouch. You’ll have to edit these to use the performance normally.

Posted : 20/01/2019 12:47 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Another alternative, if you own such a keyboard, you can MIDI control MODX through a keyboard that can send ribbon/aftertouch CCs. Maybe you can even assign an FC to the AT and/or ribbon CC. That is, if you want to use those features.

Or you could live without those extra dimensions of control to the sound. Some Montage users may even want to go in and take out aftertouch from Performances if pressure control is something they're not accustomed to doing.

Posted : 20/01/2019 6:32 am

I do this from time to time with my Motif ES6 (which I’m glad I kept). Some other differences that might not be as noticeable (but are there nonetheless) are the 64 voice limit on the FM-X performances.

Posted : 20/01/2019 9:31 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

They should load to your MODX!

Great!! I hope so.. does anyone has ever tried to do it?

About the AfterTouch, the MODX doesn't has it, ok, but could it send out the AT to another hardware synth through its Midi Out?

Posted : 20/01/2019 6:21 pm
Bad Mister

About the AfterTouch, the MODX doesn't has it, ok, but could it send out the AT to another hardware synth through its Midi Out?

No. you have that backwards. The MODX does not send Aftertouch but it can respond to it when you use an external hardware synth or a MIDI sequence to send it to the MODX’s MIDI In.

Posted : 20/01/2019 8:48 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us