Notifications
Clear all

Low gain on MODX A/D input

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Simo
Topic starter

Just go myself a Sennheiser 835 microphone to use the vocoder effect on my MODX. However when I connect the microphone to the A/D input and switch on the A/D I can barely hear my own voice through my headphones. Gain is at max, and I have selected Mic as the input type in Utility > Audio I/O settings. The vocoder effect does not work either, I think it's because the audio signal going to the effect is too weak (it works fine with a condenser mic connected to a mixer connected to the A/D input of the MODX).

Is there something i can do to crank up the gain? Or could the microphone be faulty? I don't own any other dynamic mics so can't really compare.

Posted : 02/01/2023 8:27 pm
Prominent Member

The usual cause is using the wrong cable. See this thread where Bad Mister and Jason explain it.
https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/can-t-get-vocoder-to-work#reply-111107

Posted : 02/01/2023 8:57 pm
 Simo
Topic starter

My cable is indeed a XLR-TRS - interesting. Need to get a XLR-TS cable and try out tonight.

Posted : 03/01/2023 7:35 am
Prominent Member

[quotePost id=119927]My cable is indeed a XLR-TRS - interesting. Need to get a XLR-TS cable and try out tonight.[/quotePost]
Be sure to double-check all of the 'No sound from the A/D INPUT jacks' hints on p67 of the Owner's doc.

Posted : 03/01/2023 9:00 am
 Simo
Topic starter

Yep, that was it: wrong cable. Now it works, thanks a lot!

Posted : 03/01/2023 5:03 pm

If there is no audio coming through the A/D INPUT ports, page 67 of the Owner's Manual should be kipas guys thoroughly examined.

Posted : 11/01/2023 9:59 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us