Clear all

ChatGPT - AI Robot Responder

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Antony
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Picked up from a Post by "Andrew NOT Bill".

I found the whole "Bill" thing completely bizarre.

Never once did I imagine that Bill's posts (now all deleted) could be scripted by an AI App, such as for example InstructGPT or ChatGPT.

However looking at Demo transcripts for ChatGPT, the grammar, syntax, structure, tersity, verbosity... whatever you want to call it... was/is almost identical to all those Posts by "Bill".

"Bill" apparently "left the building", but seems to have been resurrected as another "Andrew".

Believing "Bill" to be a Human Being, he reminded me of officious, obnoxious colleagues whilst working for many years in 3rd Line Technical Support roles.

I'd be the guy the customers wanted to reach, because I would digest, evaluate and identify the problem, then, provide a Solution.

However, I was often helpless to prevent customers from reaching the one or two obstinate morons also sitting on the Helpdesk, whose only MO was to ram the problem right back down the Customer's throat.

They usually got weeded out and told to Foxtrot Oscar. Most likely due to written customer complaints.

It would seem all these obstinate morons managed to get jobs teaching AI's how to answer genuine, human support requests.

At least that's how the "ChatGTP" transcripts read.

It's more likely there is a human at the helm however. Bill?? New Andrew?
Probably providing a brief proof reading and sanity check/correction on whatever ChatGTP churns out, and then spamming it on here.

If there was one word descriptive of Bill, it would be "Spam". I could think of a lot worse.

It didn't go unnoticed that whenever anyone directly challenged Bill's Posts (that's a Human thing, not a Support Request), the Posts in question were very quickly deleted by Bill thereafter.

So to be honest, if the "New Andrew" is actually "Ex Bill"... the moderators need to eject and ban him for life (Ban his Mac Addresses). Personally, I was glad to see the back of him. I don't want to see valuable information getting drowned in a sea of rude spam again.

Bill made pretty much every thread unreadable, such was the proliferation of his nonsensical word salad.

Also consider industrial espionage... maybe Bill works for a Competitor, given the goal of discretely dismantling YamahaSynth.com from the inside... dropping sand in the oil.

Maybe he's a Beta Tester, getting paid to evaluate the latest AI updates.

I don't know, but like I said.... Bizarre, extremely Bizarre.

Posted : 03/01/2023 6:32 am
Member Admin

I'm afraid it's more likely that "Bill" works (or worked) for Yamaha (or a potential subcontractor) than for a rival. He seems exactly like what happens when you unleash someone with trite sentiments towards unique users upon the trialling and training of a chatBot tech for replacement of real user support.

His obsequiousness is twofold; to the chatBot tech and potential paymasters for the training of the chatBot as a potential service provider. Hence the absolute inability to actually relate to the users - he's too busy trying to get at useful prompt making data to further demonstrate the chatBots searching, quoting, paraphrasing and referencing abilities.

Also, recall his uncanny ability to pinpoint exact paragraphs on exact page numbers of any given reference materials, this is a hallmark of chatBots tasked with support service provision, they're better than google.

Posted : 03/01/2023 2:51 pm
Member Admin

Having just rechecked wayback machine, almost certain he works for Yamaha. The site records from the wayback machine that I'd used to confirm the account ID number is Bill a week ago has been been removed and, in fact, all records back as far as me becoming the latest new member have been removed from the archive.

Which is sure as shit odd. That's something only someone that holds a grudge would do...

... and only someone with authority to do such a thing from within the domain ownership ranks could do that.

This is Bill's old user ID:

https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/profile/833495-bill

You might have more luck with the wayback machine where ever you are, but you'll have to start at the root to get anything useful, due to the (now much more) interesting changes that the URL structures constantly make:

https://www.yamahasynth.com/

Posted : 03/01/2023 3:08 pm
Member Admin

Here's an old wayback post that's not yet been deleted... if you hover over Bill's name in the Post originator or replies, you'll see the user name and account number in the status line of your browser, or you can copy the link to see the whole URL, but the wayback machine no longer has those pages:

https://web.archive.org/web/20220922124748/https://yamahasynth.com/forum/

Posted : 03/01/2023 3:14 pm
Antony
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Pregnant Silence.

Commentators conspicuous by their absence.

Yamaha.... if it really is you... shame on you!!

I used to work for a big Japanese multi-national.... in Europe. Their customer's weren't happy because of nonsense like this. They lost a very big market.

You need human beings. High Tech will solve nothing long term... it will just bank failure... which will eventually need to be paid for.

Operations Management 101.

Posted : 04/01/2023 12:06 pm
Antony
Estimable Member
Topic starter

In fact...

just bring back Bad Mister. Pay him what he deserves... retirement age or not.

You can't afford to lose people like him for Robots.

Posted : 04/01/2023 12:13 pm
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

Hello,

Whoever the user "Bill" is (or was) it isn't anyone from Yamaha. I appreciate that this is a bizarre situation. But I can assure you we don't have a mole in the forum.

Let's get back to using the forum as a place to discuss Yamaha synthesizers. I'm locking this post.

Posted : 04/01/2023 7:17 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us