Notifications
Clear all

Modx+ performances on Modx

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello to everybody,
is it possible to use Modx+ preset performances on the "normal" Modx?
If yes, where can I find those performances?
Thanks a lot.

Posted : 03/01/2023 1:27 pm
Prominent Member

You should already have ALL of the MODX performances on your MODX+.

Posted : 03/01/2023 4:58 pm
Topic starter

I need to do the opposite, load MODX+ performances on my "normal" MODX πŸ™‚

[quotePost id=119933]You should already have ALL of the MODX performances on your MODX+.

[/quotePost]

Posted : 04/01/2023 8:29 am
Antony
Estimable Member

Allegedly... Andrew (previously known as Bill) is an AI. So don't expect much from that direction. Not to be confused with "Andrew NOT Bill".... you'll get to know who he is sooner or later.

The easiest way to find out, is to download any free MODX+ Preset Libraries and see if they will install on your MODX. I suspect they will.

There used to be a Yamaha hosted Web Page of all free and pay 3rd Party Sound Libraries.... for example by EasySounds... and others.

I absolutely cannot find it anymore, I will assume I am being dim.

IMO... MODX+ Presets/Libraries should work on the old MODX.

The MODX+ is mainly cosmetic upgrades as far as I am aware.

I will even go so far as saying I believe the MODX+ Factory Presets are THE SAME as the MODX.

If I am wrong, at least my false assertion will prompt an official Yamaha answer faster than a scared cat skidding off a hot tin roof.

Posted : 04/01/2023 11:53 am
Topic starter

Thanks Anthony,
I don't find those performances on any official site, neither on the web.
I wrote to Yamaha about the same question but they didn't answer me.
If you know some website wher I can find them I'll be happy.
Thanks!

[quotePost id=119937]Allegedly... Andrew (previously known as Bill) is an AI. So don't expect much from that direction. Not to be confused with "Andrew NOT Bill".... you'll get to know who he is sooner or later.

The easiest way to find out, is to download any free MODX+ Preset Libraries and see if they will install on your MODX. I suspect they will.

There used to be a Yamaha hosted Web Page of all free and pay 3rd Party Sound Libraries.... for example by EasySounds... and others.

I absolutely cannot find it anymore, I will assume I am being dim.

IMO... MODX+ Presets/Libraries should work on the old MODX.

The MODX+ is mainly cosmetic upgrades as far as I am aware.

I will even go so far as saying I believe the MODX+ Factory Presets are THE SAME as the MODX.

If I am wrong, at least my false assertion will prompt an official Yamaha answer faster than a scared cat skidding off a hot tin roof.

[/quotePost]

Posted : 04/01/2023 3:40 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Presets (the stuff on the keyboard bought new from the store before you add any content) is already on MODX so to there's no need to transfer any of that. MODX and MODX+ share the same X8? extension (for libraries, user files) so these should be interchangeable between the two.

There is always Soundmondo which can be used as long as there are no custom user samples (Waveforms), user curves, etc. Soundmondo could be used to "translate" single Performances between Montage, MODX, and MODX+.

You should just be able to save a User file on MODX+ then load this X8U file into MODX (be aware it will overwrite your MODX's current user bank - so backup first if you want to preserve this data).

Posted : 04/01/2023 9:19 pm
Antony
Estimable Member

My Assumption is that Fabio believes the MODX+ (MODX Mk2) was released with additional/new Factory Presets. Also, Fabio is asking if he can obtain these new MODX+ Factory Presets and load them into his older MODX (MODX Mk1).

I heard rumours that some of the MODX+ Factory Presets contained "Fresh" Re-Samples, of the existing MODX/MONTAGE samples... for example, Piano Velocity Samples.

As far as I know, this is only a rumour because I have not seen anything official from Yamaha confirming this.

I have rediscovered the "Yamaha Shop" that contains both Free and Payable Sound Libraries... here is the link:-

https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/en/c/downloadables/sound-expansion-library/synth-voice-libraries

Posted : 04/01/2023 11:03 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

MODX+ and MODX currently have the same 2227 Performances. Looking at the first page and last page of each respective data list Performance List shows identical content. If MODX is missing anything then there may be a firmware upgrade in order as Performances 2196 (Glavinet) through 2227 (Drone Generator) are new in MODX (not plus) v2.50 firmware.

Posted : 04/01/2023 11:31 pm
Topic starter

Thanks to Jason and Antony.
I have understood that Modx and Modx+ have the same preset performances. I heard some new performances and I supposed that they were new performances but surely they were produced by musicians.
Thanks a lot, great forum!

Posted : 06/01/2023 6:10 pm

Way back in August there was a file (on a Yamaha website as I recall) called "Bosendorfer Piano for MODX+". It was only there for a few days and I downloaded it. I suspected maybe Yamaha had modified some of the performances for increased FmX polyphony (the .pdf with that file says "BΓΆsendorfer 290 Imperial Premium Grand Piano Premium Content for Yamaha MODX+") but since I only have the "MODX mk 1" there was no way of knowing. It loaded (.X8L) with no problems into my plain old MODX (413,804KB file size).

Posted : 07/01/2023 4:11 am
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us