Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Midi drums from PC to MODX connected with USB cable.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 petr
Topic starter

I have e.g. 2 tracks. One is piano, the second one is drums. I want to play MIDI drums ( assigned to some drum kit in MODX ) from PC that is conneted via USB host cable to PC. I want play piano and drums as backing track. But I always play piano+single drums key sound together. How can I solve it. Thank you for help.

Posted : 13/04/2020 10:45 pm
Bad Mister

We think we know what you mean but you are using the wrong words.

I have e.g. 2 tracks.

I think you mean you have two Parts. If that is what you mean, then the piano is Part 1, and the Drums are in Part 2.

If you only want the piano to sound when you touch the keys of the MODX, then make sure that only Part 1 has the KBD CTRL icon lit up green.
Turn off the KBD CTRL icon on Part 2, and then press [HOME]

You would have a Drum Kit in Part 2 (where it says ‘Ext Synth’

I want to play MIDI drums ( assigned to some drum kit in MODX ) from PC that is conneted via USB host cable to PC.

We assume you have some kind of application on the PC that will “play” the MODX Drums. You don’t mention what this is... but set it to MIDI Channel 2. The MODX Drums in Part 2 will Receive MIDI on Channel 2.

It would help if you explained what you are using on the PC (?) but we’ll assume you know how to work that. Let us know.

Posted : 13/04/2020 11:51 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us