Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

ModX 8 G5 Note Issue

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Just got my Mod X 8 and I noticed that using the standard CFX piano (single part or as part of one the performances) the G5 seems to 'ring out' noticeably compared to the notes either side. I dont thnk its a hardware issue as other instruments sound fine. Is anyone else hearing this?

I have firmware 2.00

Also, if I change a default performance is it automatically saved? I presume not but I'd thought I'd ask. Maybe I accidentally adjusted something.?!?

Posted : 06/02/2020 8:56 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Having the specific is great - something others can test. But each note has several levels of velocities and perhaps not all velocity levels will have the same "ring out" behavior. You can either fix the velocity by using parameters so no matter how fast ("hard" ) you strike a key - the velocity is always the same value. And you can change this to different single values that match the velocity "switch" thresholds for every sample on G5 - or you can use a DAW or external device and "feed" MODX specific values at these thresholds. This would be to see which velocity or velocities demonstrate this issue and may make it easier to reproduce.

The other "brute force" way to do this would be to disable elements at all velocity levels except for one (turn the element off) and one-by-one step through each velocity level with only one element turned on at a time.

Posted : 06/02/2020 8:27 pm
Topic starter

Solved.

I tried it with headphones and it all sounded fine (beautiful in fact) )so I put it down to the speakers. After banging them a bit I tried changing the audio out cable and now it all works a treat. The new cable fixed it!

Posted : 08/02/2020 10:08 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us