Clear all

Can you copy a whole page of arps?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 John
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I've been doing this via the Melas software but can't see a way to do this on the MODX.

Basically I want to copy all of the arps on the Arp1 page (for example) to the other arps (Arp2, Arp3 Ar4 etc) and then amend them slightly for each one. The Melas software lets you copy the whole page in one go without having to do them one at a time.

So when I say 'Arp page 1' I mean go into the Arps section then press the number 1 at the bottom to see all the arps for Arp1.

By the way, I've spent 2 days trying to log into these forums on 3 different browsers. It appears there are problems.

Posted : 09/02/2020 8:03 am
Bad Mister

Basically I want to copy all of the arps on the Arp1 page (for example) to the other arps (Arp2, Arp3 Ar4 etc) and then amend them slightly for each one.

? What you are trying to do is not clear to me. Where do you want to Copy them to? That is not clear.
And the phrase “amend them slightly for each one” makes this even less clear. Can you explain what it is you are attempting to do.

Don’t be afraid of details.

Arpeggios are in ROM (Read Only Memory). Editing an Arp, can mean different things. You can non-destructively ‘edit’ how an Arp behaves via the Arp Play FX which can offset timing, duration, velocity, etc., you cannot destructively ‘edit’ the basic construct of the Phrase that makes it — that would require making an entirely new Arp.

Groupings of Arps is not a storable entity (so copying an assembly of Arps, what an Arranger would call a “Style”, is not possible). In fact, individual assignment of the Phrases is at the core of the concept that differentiates Arpeggios from Styles.

Arp Phrases are not technically apart of the Part. However, when you use a Part in another Performance, you can have it bring along the Arp Phrase assigned to it in another Performance or you leave any previous linked Arp Phrase behind. So, that’s the reason for my request for clarity... about what you are attempting to accomplish.

Parts can be linked together as a Performance, if you wish to copy the entire Performance that will copy all the parameters including the assigned Arps.

Posted : 09/02/2020 1:15 pm
 John
Estimable Member
Topic starter

OK I'll try - please see the attached jpg 🙂

So I have a performance - it's based on an existing Yamaha performance but I want to change some of the arps.

This is what I have when Arp4 is selected. As you can see there are a few things happening on there and I want to duplicate all of that on Arp5 and 6 and so on.

Once I've copied the whole of that Arp 'page' to the Arp5 'page' I then want to just change a couple of the arps which is easy to do. What I want to avoid is setting them all up from scratch on each 'arp page'. So I've found that in the Melas Performance Editor, I can do this - you can right click on the tab at the bottom and copy and then paste it all into another arp page.

What I wanted to know, is there any way to do this on the MODX itself without having to hook up a computer?

Thanks

Attached files

Posted : 09/02/2020 1:42 pm
Bad Mister

You want to duplicate the assignments on a particular “Arp Select”, 1-8. As mentioned, the concept of the Arp Phrase is all about individual assignment.

You can use the ‘context sensitive’ Copy/Exchange function to first Copy Part 5’s Arp Select #4 to Part 5 Arp Select #5
From your screenshot,
*Select* the Part you want to copy from (Part 5)
Press [SHIFT] + [EDIT] this launches the “Copy/Exchange” function... which will allow you to setup to copy the Arp Select assignment of a particular Part. You can accomplish your goal, each by each. By *selecting* the Part on the COMMON “Arpeggio” screen, you define the source Part.
Set the target Part, Set the source Arp Select and the target Arp Select

Copy (green)
Part 5 ____ Part 5
Arp Select 4 ...... Arp Select 5

Rinse and repeat for each “Arp Select” number you wish to duplicate in other locations. Remember, it is Part-by-Part, until you *select* a Part, you cannot Copy/Exchange.

Reference Manual Page 86

Posted : 09/02/2020 4:37 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us