Notifications
Clear all

Modx and Indian Tones .. Undecided

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi Yamahai'tes

Thank you for the answers to my other thread of Parts and Elements. Gave me a lot of insight

I am to perform as a one man or maybe three man band musician. heavily dependent on Indian tones.
Had a flagship Korg arranger, did away with after 2 yr. I find Yamaha User Interface far ahead and easy.

So along with Western sounds I am looking for tones like the ones in Youtube
1. Ventus Ethnic Winds - Bansuri
2. Mainstage Indian Voices
I am totally blown away with the mainstage voices.

So I am undecided between procuring a Macbook (Mainstage indian voices + Logic pro) ...I have Novation Launchkey MkII
Or
Go with a Yamaha MoDx 6 with OS 2.0 update

Mac Pros
- Unmatched ready made Indian Patches, create music straight away
- I already have Novation Launchkey Mk II
Mac Cons
- Will have to stretch my current budget a lot which I do not want to.
- After all it's a computer, Not rugged, and not reliable in the long run

MoDx pros
- Its a YAMAHA , A Keyboard is always Rugged and ready everywhere , no crashes, dependable
- Perfectly within my budget
- Far far better than PSR S series
MoDx Cons
- Havent seen serious Indian voices like the ones shown above, so will have to spend Months, sourcing wav files..., and learning to work around the limitations while looking into the nuances of editing an element and Keybank within.

My Heart and soul says MoDx (Nothing like walking in and playing as a single rugged unit)
My mind, brain, Audio Senses Body and poor eyesight says go with Mac

If possible pour in your thoughts.

My only wish is that Yamaha comes up with more authentic Indian tones (not just the plastic'ky sitar, the world has moved far far ahead) We need tones like the ones I have said above ..
Yamaha will win a lot lot lot of customers in this land if is able to recreate these Tonal qualities in their units.

Posted : 30/10/2019 3:50 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I didn't find "Mainstage Indian Voices" - so I'm not sure what might be available.

"Ventus Ethnic Winds - Bansuri" can run as a plugin under iOS - which would be cheaper overall if the above "Mainstage" sounds also have a version which can run as a plugin on iOS.

Posted : 30/10/2019 4:10 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us