Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MODX and Roli Seaboard

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Very thrilled with the announcement of the collaboration between Yamaha & Roli. So thrilled that I've just ordered a seaboard block! and finally activated my Cubase AI account just to be able to explore this thing. I've always wanted to experience the seaboard and Dom Cigalas gave me the last push that I've needed! 😀

So any thoughts of how this would work? Is there going to be a future update that allows the MODX to connect directly to the seaboard without the need of Cubase? And are the sounds of the MODX going to be mapped to the seaboard's 5 way control dimensions? or it have to be done manually?

Probably I'm getting ahead of everything since this have just been announced.

Posted : 10/06/2019 12:32 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

This is the "announcement" video: https://youtu.be/hRg7SeDDE4c

From what I can tell, what Dom is doing is not anything new or anything that could not have been done without some collaboration. There was no elaboration of what the collaboration has brought or will bring to the table.

I do know that Roli and Yamaha have been involved in MIDI 2.0. Perhaps this is what is to come and "roll" in with it enhanced pairing with Roli.

Posted : 10/06/2019 5:47 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us