Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MODX as a midi controller

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter

I currently have a keyboard I am replacing that can control other synths on assigned midi channels. There are volume faders on that keyboard that can increase the volume (fade in) of the other synths. Can I use the fader controls or some other controls on the MODX to do that as well?

Posted : 26/01/2024 2:26 am
New Member Guest

Yes - see this article on the Zone Master functionality in the Modx

https://yamahasynth.com/learn/montage-series-synthesizers/zone-master-faq-mastering-montage/

Posted : 28/01/2024 12:48 am
alan93 reacted
Topic starter

Posted by: Anonymous

Yes - see this article on the Zone Master functionality in the Modx

https://yamahasynth.com/learn/montage-series-synthesizers/zone-master-faq-mastering-montage/

Ah thanks! I knew it had to be able to do this but couldn't find it. This is exactly what I was looking for. 

" I can also control the Volume of the External Synth, if I need to… either from this screen or with COMMON FADER 8."

Posted : 30/01/2024 12:49 pm
Topic starter

Well after looking in manual , references , and youtube videos I can't even figure out how to set the midi out channel. 
This was easy on my 1980s keyboard it had a channel button right on top . It seems this requires a deep dive in to 1 or more pages with 30 options each. ??

Is there an easy way just to set it to transmit on channel 2? I have set this in 2 places but its still not doing it. 

Posted : 30/01/2024 6:15 pm
Topic starter

figured it out. It seems Multi mode is way to go and then each part sends on its own channel without selecting a channel even (part 1 sends on channel 1, etc..). Strange. 

Posted : 30/01/2024 9:12 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

... wish we could do inline messages.   The attachment shows what menus need to be pressed and notice it's an example of changing Part 1 to transmit on MIDI channel 2 (instead of MIDI CH 1).

Posted : 12/02/2024 8:03 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us