Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MODX CFX samples - MIDI playback issue

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I just purchased a MODX8, and I am loving it so far! It sounds great and is very light and easy to bring out on the road. I do have one question relating to studio use, though. I am working on recording a piano track via Logic X 10.4.1 using the onboard USB MIDI interface, and it is working mostly well. However, if I record a part as a MIDI file and attempt to play it back using almost any of the CFX samples, it will not play back any note with a velocity 90 or higher. Is there something that would cause this? I don't even know what to look for.

Posted : 31/03/2019 2:47 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

This is probably because you are using MODX in multi-channel mode, are using a Performance with CFX split among multiple PARTs, and are not sending multiple PARTs worth of data down to MODX.

Either send MIDI to all PARTs which MODX needs, or ...

place MODX into single channel MIDI mode (and match the channel in Logic), or ...

choose a CFX piano (such as CFX Stage) that is mapped to only one PART.

These options cut to the chase, but it would be advisable for you to deconstruct the CFX piano you are having issue with. Look at each PART and see what they each do. Notice the velocity ranges of each PART. Notice if there are any other properties for each PART - and what it contributes to the overall sound. Most likely you will find that past velocity 90 - a different PART is invoked. Deconstructing presets and learning how they are put together is a good way to learn the interface and how to effectively use MODX.

Posted : 31/03/2019 3:09 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us