Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

.X6A error "some keybeds weren't loaded"

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I was wondering if anybody could give me some pointers on how to troubleshoot this...

I downloaded and loaded the .X6A sample library "Inspiration in A Flash" from the MOXF's official downloads, and have got the error message "some keybeds weren't loaded". As a result, quite a few of the presets don't play any sound at all.

Is there a way to remedy this?

Edit: https://www.yamahasynth.com/ask-a-question/moving-from-moxf-to-modx

Ah, I see from replies here that this sample library is no longer fully supported? What a pity.

Posted : 31/03/2019 2:35 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Yes, the encoding of some waveforms in IIAF is not compatible with this generation and, from what I gather, will not be remedied.

Posted : 31/03/2019 3:04 am
Topic starter

Does this apply to products for sale here as well (specifically Sonidos de Mexico, seeing as it seems to be a 1st party Yamaha library)? Or is this incompatibility primarily an issue with the Inspiration in A Flash library?

https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/sound-and-expansion-libraries/synth

Posted : 31/03/2019 3:26 am

Travis,

In regard to the Sonidos de Mexico, I have the X3A version (Motif XF) and have not tried to import to the Montage 7.
However using the John Melas Waveform editor program, it seems most of the waveforms are in WXC format.
I believe these are in the same boat as the IIAF incompatible waveforms. 🙁
For example Waveform 6 Bateria-Tambora (1.78MB) has 66 Keybanks - all are 44.1 kHz WXC mono.
Some Waveforms only have 1 Keybank in a suitable format (44.1kHz 16 bit mono) ie Waveform 3 NrtAccTrem (1.05MB) with 17 keybanks - a Loop with the Root A5 and Key Range of F#5 - G8 but the other 16 are incompatible.
Hope this helps

Posted : 01/04/2019 5:11 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

If what you want are the vocal samples - lots of those work fine. If you want the instruments - lots of those do not work fine.
(Sonidos de Mexico)

Sonidos de Mexico was given away as a promotional item for MOXF users - so it falls squarely in the category of the type of library that would be sprinkled with incompatible formats (WXC) in order as one means to secure/copy-protect the product.

Posted : 01/04/2019 10:41 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us