Notifications
Clear all

MODX Connect and moessieurs.com site free performance files issue

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Mark
Topic starter

I went to the moessieurs.com site to retrieve some the free performances on that site. In the site performances, there is a message that says "Reminder, files in Montage Connect format cannot be loaded from a usb key on your Montage. You must use the Montage Connect software in USB connection with your Montage" It also says to click on the image to download the file.

So I downloaded the zip file and stored and extracted it. I opened the MODX Connect app and searched for the files I downloaded. MODX Connect will see the file folders that these performance files are in but when I try to transfer/load from the computer to the MODX, I get an error message saying it "Can't Find the File".

This is my initial usage of MODX Connect so I assume I am missing something somewhere. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Note: I am using a Windows computer

Posted : 07/12/2021 11:24 am
Bad Mister

Current situation:

The MODX can read MODX files made on the instrument itself - these include the following types:
.X8U - User Files made with the MODX
.X8L - Library Files made with the MODX
.X8A - MODX Backup File (MODX exclusive)

The MODX can read the following MONTAGE files - which are made on the MONTAGE:
.X7U - a MONTAGE User File
.X7L - a MONTAGE Library File
The above File formats can be loaded from a USB stick inserted into the “To Device” port on the instrument.

The MODX can read the Soundmondo file from either a MODX or a MONTAGE… (and vice versa). This works as a real-time MIDI bulk transfer.

The MODX CONNECT data (.X8B) can only be opened by MODX CONNECT
The MONTAGE CONNECT data (.X7B) can only be opened by the MONTAGE CONNECT
You cannot exchange files between the MODX CONNECT and the MONTAGE CONNECT programs. This is what you are running into — these programs can only be opened by the software that made the file.

Summary:
Data captured in the Soundmondo format can be moved between the two synthesizer models
Data saved by the instruments themselves, User and Library, can be loaded to either model.
CONNECT files and BACKUP files are exclusive to their model.

When seeking to share a single Performance between both models, using Soundmondo is the way to do so.

I believe the site provides the Performances in Soundmondo format.

Hope that helps. Let us know.

Posted : 07/12/2021 11:50 am
 Mark
Topic starter

BM,

Appreciate the response. Yes, these files are in .X7B format, thus, my MODX won't recognize them. I was unaware of the Connect differences between the MODX and Montage. Thanks for the clarification.

I will have to go back to the site to see if Soundmondo is available.

Mark

Posted : 07/12/2021 6:31 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us