Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MODX driver for Windows XP ?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Is there a driver for MODX using Windows XP and Reaper ?
Or do I need to upgrade my operating system to Windows 7 or more recent versions ?

Thank you

Posted : 09/09/2020 6:37 pm
Bad Mister

I tried to research this (unsuccessfully)... I’m going to conclude that it might be time to update the computer OS.

XP ( 2001) was followed by Windows 7 in 2009 when MicroSoft made a big deal out of their promise of 10 years of support (that ended in January 2020)... Windows 10 was offered free for a year to 7 and 8.1 users... that was a good five years ago. MODX uses a Driver that requires 7 as a minimum.

Not sure if XP runs much new stuff, but I am sure there is no one officially testing it and verifying things. No harm in trying to run it, it will probably tell you to update...

When you buy a synth you’re buying hardware that is a musical instrument — I would wager that more Motif 6/7/8, also from 2001, are running than Windows XP computers! And there were far more XP computers sold!

Are you running something that absolutely requires you to remain with XP?
We highly recommend if you plan on updating take a jump all the way to the current Operating Systems... it doesn’t take a crystal ball to see that 32-bit programs (introduced a couple decades ago Win95, 98, XP) are going away... you’ll want to get up with a system that will at least be able to run for the next few years....

Posted : 09/09/2020 9:31 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us