3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Ben
 Ben
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi,

I currently use an iPad app to send program changes to my MOXF and would like to do the same for my MODX.

The band I am in calls songs on the fly so I need certain parts of the Live Set to be alphabetical, with my bread and butter sounds in the first 2 or 3 banks of 16 in order by category.

I don't want to have to update my iPad app settings every time I add performances however, so I am thinking it makes sense to call up the performances directly rather than by live set slot.

Will calling the performances by their assigned bank/program numbers rather the live slot assignment spit the MODX out of live set mode into performance mode? (Ideally I need to stay in live set mode while playing.)

Posted : 26/07/2021 9:29 pm
Bad Mister

The band I am in calls songs on the fly so I need certain parts of the Live Set to be alphabetical, with my bread and butter sounds in the first 2 or 3 banks of 16 in order by category.

I’m not quite sure what this means. A “Bank” of Live Set programs contains 256 Live Set locations, perhaps you are referring to one Page of the 16 Pages of 16 Live Set slots (?) per Bank.
There are 8 User Banks each containing 256 Live Set slots.

I don't want to have to update my iPad app settings every time I add performances however, so I am thinking it makes sense to call up the performances directly rather than by live set slot.

Perhaps a different method altogether would be better.

Will calling the performances by their assigned bank/program numbers rather the live slot assignment spit the MODX out of live set mode into performance mode? (Ideally I need to stay in live set mode while playing.)

The Mode is always Performance Mode, you mean (I’m guessing) will it still stay on the Live Set grid screen?… will it still access recalled Performances while remaining on the Live Set grid screen?

That I would assume you already know… there is no harm in trying. I would assume sending the Bank Select and Program Change of a particular Performance in its HOME location would NOT necessarily change the LIVE SET grid screen to that Performances HOME screen (but I have not tried it to verify this)… it seems it would just recall that Performance (without any VOLUME Offset that is stored in the Live Set). The Live Set grid would remain on the screen, only the title of the current Performance would appear below the grid of 16 to indicate your selection — however, nothing on the grid will indicate your current select (it will not appear orange to indicate the Live Set slot selection).

Alternate Methods to Recall/Arrange your Performances — using an iPad
The Soundmondo app allows alphabetical arrangement of your Performances… Using the apps “Perf” function you can instantly view your Performance alphabetically by “Name”, chronologically by “Date”, or in your personal ranking by “Rate”.
A separate “Set List” could house your 16 or 32 “bread and butter” Performances… if you wish to keep them in a separate area.

Instead of sending Bank Select and Program Changes, the Soundmondo app stores and sends a Bulk Dump of each of your Performances, on demand.
You simply tap the icon and instantly your Performance is transferred to your MODX

Hope that helps.

Posted : 27/07/2021 11:48 am
Ben
 Ben
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Great, thanks I will try this out.

Posted : 28/07/2021 5:43 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us