Clear all

MODX on Jamkazam

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 John
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Anybody tried doing Jamkazam with the MODX audio interface? My Stienberg UR22 works great, I'm hoping there is some commonality...

Posted : 09/04/2020 10:57 pm
 Stu
Trusted Member

I've got a MODX6 coming just for that purpose (Jamkazam) and I'll let you know how it works as an audio interface device. I'm guessing it will work just fine.

*UPDATE*

Just connected my new MODX directly to my Windows 10 Surface Go and into Jamkazam. I'm happy to report that it registers a latency of 5.12 msec. which is perfectly acceptable. Thanks Yamaha!

Posted : 21/06/2020 8:12 pm
Eminent Member

I've never heard of Jamkazam before, and looked it up, looks like a cool idea. If I were better at playing I'd try it out. LOL.

Anyway, on Windows at least, the MODX acts like any other sound card/interface, meaning all your sounds produced in any Windows application can/will play thru the MODX. Just click the speaker icon in the tray and select MODX as your audio device (once you have it connected to your PC, of course). πŸ™‚

So, it should work fine with Jamkazam.

I can't speak for Mac users, but I would think it could be used similarly there.

Posted : 21/06/2020 11:09 pm
 Stu
Trusted Member

It's not a question of whether it will work with Jamkazam or not but rather the amount of latency it will present. Using the Internet as a realtime audio relay between musicians requires the lowest possible latency you can get. Good audio interfaces provide latency values as low as 3 msecs with properly written drivers. Since the MODX shares the same driver used by their Steinberg audio interfaces I'd expect good results.

Posted : 22/06/2020 4:24 am
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us