Clear all

MODX sending program change to external

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 luis
Topic starter

Hi everybody!
I´m trying to send a PGM change to my Nord Lead 4 from my MODX and I´m going crazy. Basically I can play Nord Lead from MODX with the zone settings and everything is ok, the problema comes when I try to change the bank. I know that I should call the performance from my live set, but it just doesn´t work...
Has anybody a similar issue?
Best greets!
Luis

Posted : 08/01/2020 8:39 am
Bad Mister

Basically I can play Nord Lead from MODX with the zone settings and everything is ok, the problema comes when I try to change the bank. I know that I should call the performance from my live set, but it just doesn´t work...

If you have the Zone Master set to On, what Bank Select and Program Change have you set for the Zone slot that is addressing the Nord Lead?

The Zone Master FAQ

Posted : 08/01/2020 11:12 am
 luis
Topic starter

I´ve finally got what I wanted, but instead of sending Bank, I´ve selected Midi Program to change the Bank in my Nord. Is a bit confunsing the way in which Nord organizes his sounds.

Thanks for your reply!

Posted : 09/01/2020 7:40 am
Bad Mister

How do they implement Banks?

Bank Select is traditionally done with two CC (Control Change) messages... referred to as the Most Significant Byte (MSB) and the Least Significant Byte (LSB).

MSB is cc 0
LSB is cc 32

MSB has a number value 000-127
LSB has a number value 000-127

This gives MIDI devices 16,384 possible Banks each with a maximum of 128 Programs in it.

Posted : 09/01/2020 10:17 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us