Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MODX Sound Output Problems

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

The keyboard played OK yesterday live but returned home today and I have no output sound. I have checked midi local is on and loaded my backup from yesterday but still no output . Checked my amp with another keyboard so know its not that? Doesnt seem to be any issue?

Posted : 27/11/2021 7:45 pm
Bad Mister

The most common mistake is not connecting the audio outputs to a quality sound system.
Don’t laugh, statistics prove this... use standard 1/4” TS (Tip-Sleeve) signal cables connected to the Main L/R Outputs on the back panel. Please walk around the back physically check this connection or plug a pair of quality headphones into the Phones jack. Visually verify these jacks directly β€” many make assumptions about where the Main L/R Outputs are located and wind up connecting to the AD INPUTS.

Let us know.

Posted : 27/11/2021 7:51 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I would recommend monitoring the output using headphones plugged into the correct port using the correct TRS ("stereo" ) connector instead of your studio monitors/amplifier/etc.

1) Press [CATEGORY SEARCH] button
2) Place master volume to 1/2 way mark
3) Choose "Init" category and select "Init Normal (AWM2) " Performance
4a) Looking at the home screen (with one Part) press piano keys and look for the level bar to rise and fall. If you see none of this:
4b) Check [UTILITY] "Settings" -> "MIDI I/O" menu and check if "Local Control" is turned on. If was off, repeat step 4a. (You mentioned already checking this)

Most of the above steps are to gather if you see the level bars "dancing around" as you press keys. This is to ensure the keys are triggering the tone generator or not.

Posted : 27/11/2021 7:58 pm
Topic starter

Thankyou Jason and Bad Mister bit solution rechecked both solutions and it worked. Really Happy MODX owner now. πŸ˜€

Posted : 28/11/2021 11:54 am
Topic starter

Actually the init normal awm2 piano sound is excellent!! Many thanks

Posted : 28/11/2021 12:07 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us