Notifications
Clear all

MODX8 - Hard Case that is Light and Reasonable Cost

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Mark
Topic starter

Has anyone been able to find a Hard Case for the MODX8 that is relatively light and also priced at a reasonable cost? Soft cases do not offer enough protection. I have seen some hard cases out there but they are either heavy (add too much extra weight) or are very expensive (i.e. $300 or so).

Thanks,
Mark

Posted : 03/02/2021 2:51 pm
Antony
Estimable Member

Hi Mark,

before buying my MODX I researched hard cases, and came to the conclusion that there are no cheap options, and the sky is the limit for increasingly secure/robust options.

There are cheaper prices on the used market, but as ever there are the usual pitfalls - buyer beware.

As a guitarist, I grew very fond of SKB cases. Keywords Light, Durable, Reasonable Price. They are able to withstand most common/everyday impact scenarios. They obviously aren't the same level of protection as a Steel/Aluminium Flight/Touring case.

SKB do Keyboard cases, but the product range is not as comprehensive as their "made to fit" Guitar cases.

Another company making its name in Guitar protection is "Mono". They offer soft "ballistic" cases. High Tech, very light. At the moment they DO NOT make keyboard cases, but I have written to them asking if they might. I have had no reply since Dec 2020.

GATOR are a brand you might want to look at also. Known for good quality, affordable cases in a large range of applications. The exception seems to be Keyboards. As soon as you hit their more robust designs, the prices become comparable to other brands.

Good luck in your search.

Posted : 04/02/2021 1:51 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us